81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Alot of upgrades here.
I get Bored and like to tinker :)

1) Adjustable Levers
2) Mirrors
3) Full Carbon Accessories from Honda - Fender / Rear tire huger / Fairings / Under Headlight
4) Frame Sliders
5) Tank Grips
6) Luggage and Supports - Mounted to passenger footpeg - adding Rear Honda Rack and Luggage Case which was very hard to find next!
7) Honda Racing Decals :)
Nice. Did you put the Scorpion can on there too? Good note?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Kiwi,

We all know the one ugly aspect of the bike is the stock Can.

However, no I have not upgraded it as I worry about changing anything that could negatively effect performance.

I cant rely justify spending 500$ on the R77 or Akro slip on or full system.

To be honest I ordered the Danmoto MK2 Carbon exaust right before covid but the Manufacturer canceled my order.

I wont put one of those Ebay rip offs on my bike, so Its just a situation where I need to live with the stock can.

Its just ugly...but it does get the job done.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Hey Kiwi,

We all know the one ugly aspect of the bike is the stock Can.

However, no I have not upgraded it as I worry about changing anything that could negatively effect performance.

To be honest I ordered the Danmoto MK2 Carbon exaust right before covid but the Manufacturer canceled my order.

I wont put one of those Ebay rip offs on my bike, so Its just a situation where I need to live with the stock can.

Its just ugly...but it does get the job done.
Fair enough, I got confused as this pic below came up on the scroll from your photo link:

·
Registered
304 Posts

It's ugly, and also HEAVY. But from experience on my 300, you're right w.r.t. a full system and negative performance. Mine lost a lot of pep with the full exhaust and no tuner to compensate. (Afterward, it was great.) Full exhausts flow too much air on a small engine like this one.

Just a slip-on should have a negligible effect on performance either way, however, and you do save weight, look cool, and become louder :cool:. My suggestion is to keep an eye out on all the motorcycle groups you're a part of (esp. locally). That's how I've sourced exhausts for both of my bikes (the SV has a Yoshi slip-on that I got new in box for $200+ off its going rate).

81 - 84 of 84 Posts