Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Let's See Your CB300F!

23K views 103 replies 38 participants last post by  MikeDane 
#1 ·
#71 ·
I like what you've done there [emoji41]

May have gotten the idea from you? Or there was that fella who stickered up his windshield. I stickered it incompletely last year--one cling-type vinyl fell off--and the remaining stickers have held up well, plus peel off easily. I did the same to my bicycle.

#74 ·
Man Zeke!!!! That looks good!!! Is it pretty easy to do?

#75 ·
Quite easy. The vinyl comes in four pieces. Clean the lips thoroughly. Then use the same soapy water mix to wet the area before application, so you can move/reapply the vinyl as needed to get it just right. It was downright soothing after other recent experiences. :)

#80 · (Edited)
Alot of upgrades here.
I get Bored and like to tinker :)

1) Adjustable Levers
2) Mirrors
3) Full Carbon Accessories from Honda - Fender / Rear tire huger / Fairings / Under Headlight
4) Frame Sliders
5) Tank Grips
6) Luggage and Supports - Mounted to passenger footpeg - adding Rear Honda Rack and Luggage Case which was very hard to find next!
7) Honda Racing Decals :)

Attachments

#82 ·
Hey Kiwi,

We all know the one ugly aspect of the bike is the stock Can.

However, no I have not upgraded it as I worry about changing anything that could negatively effect performance.

I cant rely justify spending 500$ on the R77 or Akro slip on or full system.

To be honest I ordered the Danmoto MK2 Carbon exaust right before covid but the Manufacturer canceled my order.

I wont put one of those Ebay rip offs on my bike, so Its just a situation where I need to live with the stock can.

Its just ugly...but it does get the job done.

#83 ·
Hey Kiwi,

We all know the one ugly aspect of the bike is the stock Can.

However, no I have not upgraded it as I worry about changing anything that could negatively effect performance.

I cant rely justify spending 500$ on the R77 or Akro slip on or full system.

To be honest I ordered the Danmoto MK2 Carbon exaust right before covid but the Manufacturer canceled my order.

I wont put one of those Ebay rip offs on my bike, so Its just a situation where I need to live with the stock can.

Its just ugly...but it does get the job done.
Fair enough, I got confused as this pic below came up on the scroll from your photo link:

#86 ·
Question for anyone, have any of you ever had to re-install the handlebar weights as well as the entire tube inside the handlebar?
I am now missing both bar ends as well as the inner tube on one side.

I have the parts, I simply wasn't able to jam the bar back in the handlebar.
has anyone done this before? I know people remove them very often and there are plenty of videos shwing how to remove it.
None showing how to install one.

I would appreciate anyone input.

I should have preface this by stating I purchased the bike brand new back in 2017 and within 2 months someone attempted to steel the bike and in the process ripped it to pieces.
Like broke the steering lock and ripped out the electronics and left it on the floor so there was to say the least a ton of damage to the bike.

I spent a lot of time getting it back to what it looks like now.
- Dont ask about insurance please!! :) and yes I do have insurance.

#87 ·
Question for anyone, have any of you ever had to re-install the handlebar weights as well as the entire tube inside the handlebar?
I am now missing both bar ends as well as the inner tube on one side.

Not sure if this helps, the video shows how to remove the complete inner works of the bar end grip tube.. the install should be an easy reversal.
And here's a schematic of a 2017 cb300f with parts and part numbers for the handle bar components. Not too expensive if you had to start over new.

#88 ·
I really appreciate the reply airhead!
However I work in I.T and fix things for a living so I am semi good with my hands

I watched every youtube vid in the world.
Its certainly not the same in reverse.

from my experience so far, it needs to be rammed in with a hammer - no other option.
and this is something I wanted to avoid.

unless someone has some better advice for me?

#89 ·
Yeah, I'm not sure. Some of those parts seem to be synthetic/rubber material on some inserts, but maybe not with this set-up. Maybe a heavy dose of silicon may help. I can't blame your hesitance to hammer them in. By the time I'm ready for a hammer during my 'repairs', I've given up on any other options and I'm just ready to be done. Not always the best course of action.

#93 ·
Here's my 2015 "new to me". Pretty standard, but lowered 2cm or so ("dogbones" lengthened by 1cm, and fork tubes 2cm through the yokes) and some foam scooped from the seat. Super strong homemade rack and big 40L top box. I have installed a few other bits:15T front sporocket, LED driving lights, USB charger and phone holder. Great little bike - lots to love! :)

#97 ·
Got mine settled - Windscreen and the Shad topcase and others.
1" up and back risers two RAM mounts - one Xmount for nav and one cup holder. Grip Buddies and two Cramp Busters. Throttle lock. Air Hawk ...put 320 km on the other day 6 hours riding and felt okay at the end.
Case is not noticeable at all riding, one handed opening - loads of room. The white panel breaks it up visually and perhaps a bit cooler here in the tropics.

Very rigid strong mount that is custom to the model - not obtrusive. Bolts are tight to crack for removing the buddy grips. Bit fiddly to fit the plate that comes with the topcase but again very solid - no wobble or rattle at all. Aircraft nuts. One handed unlocking is welcome - fits a helmet and room for more. With the case off they supply vanity plates for a smooth look on the top of the rack.

Vaguely considering wider mirrors. suggestions welcome

Reactions: Zeke and CB300inGVL
#98 ·
Vaguely considering wider mirrors. suggestions welcome
Do the risers make a big /noticable difference to you? I ask because after about 2 hours my hands start to get tingly when I ride mine.

If you don't go the exhaust, EJK, air filter route, one of the best bang for my buck changes I did to mine was change out the front brake pads to a better biting pad. It brings the feel pretty close to that on DRZ400sm.

#99 ·
The risers make a difference - I've had them on all my bikes...I'd love to do more vertically but then would have to change cables and too much work for the gain. You may have carpal tunnel syndrome starting so protecting your hands is important. I have the same and had my left hand corrected surgically ( minor surgery ) and tolerate the right hand.
Grip Buddies, cramp busters and a throttle lock will all help ....Grip Buddies in particular.
I was 6 hours riding yesterday and felt okay.

After coming off the 2004 KLR brakes ( what brakes??:eek: ) ....the CB300s brakes are mahvelous. Not high on the priority but thanks for the tip.

after yesterdays long ride I think I have the mirrors acceptable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.