Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts

The only reason I wish I had an F instead of an R is the easier oil filter access. I hate when it's oil change time for that reason.

CBR is not too bad for an oil change. I can remove the bottom fairing without touching the side fairing so it's an easy job.:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just joined the forum and am looking at purchasing the cbr300r to use in a 300 series competition they are running at a local track. The series does not allow for any engine mods, swing arm mods, Chain or sprocket mods. But does allow for exhaust and air box fuel management mods. Currently I can pick up a new 2018 for just under $3k. Was wondering if anyone has any experience competing with the 300r. And what mods they have done to upgrade the performance. I’m thinking $3k for a new leftover is a real decent price. Appreciate any feedback
You might want to get in touch with Ari Henning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just joined the forum and am looking at purchasing the cbr300r to use in a 300 series competition they are running at a local track. The series does not allow for any engine mods, swing arm mods, Chain or sprocket mods. But does allow for exhaust and air box fuel management mods. Currently I can pick up a new 2018 for just under $3k. Was wondering if anyone has any experience competing with the 300r. And what mods they have done to upgrade the performance. I’m thinking $3k for a new leftover is a real decent price. Appreciate any feedback
You might want to get in touch with Ari Henning.

Thanks Nitesh!! That’s a great link gives me some hope for the Cbr300r at the local track 300 series There’s not a lot of straight on the track so the fact the stock Honda seems to have superior braking and cornering might just be the ticket. Awesome!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Honda's leftover 300s are definitely a bargain these days (have also noticed the used market falling drastically locally) but I'd guess something like the R3 would be the "winning" bike in a 300 series, speaking strictly competitiveness-wise. I'd love to hear your experience and what bikes are popular in the series tho, @Nyfcbjr!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Zeke. The R3. Is definitely the better hp rating. Approx 42 hp at 10,500 rpm. As compared to approx 31 at 8500rpm for the cbr. But I have read that the suspension is not as “tight” as the cbr. Also there seems to be some issues with the electrical system and they have had multiple recalls. Last year I watched a few of the races and the most common bikes seem to be the ninja 250’s and 300’s. Around here you can pick up an older ninja 250 for a song and a dance. I’ve always been a fan of the Honda. My first bike was a 1975 cb500t. That I bought used In my senior year of HS ( that was like 40 years ago, as I’m now just on the south side of 60). So I’m definitely leaning towards picking up the Cbr300r probably need to make my mind up by the weekend. Or they will be gone. Apparently the dealer has 4 of the 2018 cbr300r s left.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I remember looking around for a beer can or some other object to place under the kickstand but could not find anything. So this time I smashed my side mirror and had to buy a new set of side mirrors. $8.37 usd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372557208370

Warning: Please do not buy those mirrors I had linked. They are way smaller than the stock mirrors and also vibrate like crazy even at 20 mph so they are worse than useless.

It was a foolish purchase and because the shipping to RMA them back to China is so expensive I am stuck with them and l will now lose my money $8.37

Was a foolish purchase because I could have bought decent mirrors for $9.99 on Amazon with 2 day shipping instead

21 - 26 of 26 Posts