Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mirrors just won't stay put. the ball sockets that the mirrors sit in just aren't tight enough to fend off the vibration of that 287cc thumper. I have to re-adjust my mirrors every time i get on the bike, especially the right side, and sometimes have to adjust them several times mid-ride if i'm going for more than a few miles. I'm wondering if there is any way to stop this. I'm going to mention it to the dealer when I take it in for the 600 mile check-up

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
My mirrors just won't stay put. the ball sockets that the mirrors sit in just aren't tight enough to fend off the vibration of that 287cc thumper. I have to re-adjust my mirrors every time i get on the bike, especially the right side, and sometimes have to adjust them several times mid-ride if i'm going for more than a few miles. I'm wondering if there is any way to stop this. I'm going to mention it to the dealer when I take it in for the 600 mile check-up
That's a new one as issues go for these bikes. The mirror housing ball sockets on my 250R are still nice and tight after 15,000 miles... no movement at all due to vibrations while riding.

As far as I know, there is no adjustment or way to tighten the mirror housing where it pivots in the ball socket in the end of the mirror stalk. So it sounds like the mirror(s) will just need to be replaced as "defective parts" and therefore should be covered under the Honda warranty.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, there is no adjustment or way to tighten the mirror housing where it pivots in the ball socket in the end of the mirror stalk. So it sounds like the mirror(s) will just need to be replaced as "defective parts" and therefore should be covered under the Honda warranty.
Thanks, I'll mention it when I take the bike in to the dealer. With all this recall business it looks like that trip might be sooner than later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts