Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm interested in the dual hi/low if anyone has or can do a write-up for our bikes, that would be awesome!
If you go back in this thread (page 3 I think) I posted a picture of how to connect the relay. The rest is just nuts and bolts and some wire.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Got my FIAMM highway blaster (high tone) today. Can't wait to honk at people now! :eek:
Thats awesome @Zeke! In my humble opinion that is a MUST DO upgrade for ANYONE that rides on the highway. Those $15 could easily save your life on day when a car starts to merge into your lane.

I had an opportunity to experience this about 2 months ago. I was on the highway and a car started to merge right into my lane as if was not even there. I was also boxed in (nowhere to escape). I pressed down on the horn FULL BLAST and kept my thumb on the horn for what seemed like 2 or 3 seconds. At the last minute the car got back into his original lane and noticed me. My heart was beating 200 bpm.

If I was on the stock horn I would have been a dead man. The stock horn is simply not loud enough to be heard on the highway at 70 mph+ (113 km). I hope anyone reading this who has not yet done the upgrade will place the order for a Highway blaster (high tone) right away.

Best $15 you could ever spend and believe me when I tell you that it could make ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world between getting noticed by the cagers or getting run down DEAD.

That and also upgrading your headllight and tail-lights to LEDs. I feel that those 3 upgrades are MUST DO items that should be done in your first month of owning the bike. The 300 is a great bike but it is "built to a price" so it is up to the owner to make those 3 upgrades ASAP to maximize your odds of being seen and heard by cagers.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
similar experiences before and after low tone install.. lane changers, pedestrians, runners, cars coming out of parks or exits without looking, or their brains not recognising us, scoots or pushies as a threat to them..
this is about brains, aside from just idiots and psychopaths out there behind the wheel..
we can 'short-circuit' their brains, or intervene in the habitual 'didnt see her' response
via their more basic neuronal alert system - sound,, esp of a 'mack truck'...

41 - 45 of 45 Posts