Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
After a lot of time lurking about this forum and other Honda related forums, I finally decided to call this one "home".
While certainly not new to motorcycles, I am relatively new -- again -- to riding on the streets. I am 38, got my first dirt bike at the age of 9. Rode on 2 wheels by way of many various bikes, motorcycles & scooters till 21. 18 to 37 was "family time". Now my little boy is now 6'2" 240lbs and living on his own now with a new fiancé and a full time job. I am semi-retired, and now am at the point in my life where I can slow down and live my life for myself now instead of every hour of every day being focused on family prosperity.
I wanted so bad to get back on the road again with a new Rebel 250. More or less for the nostalgia of my memories of cruising the back roads around the lake and my hometown. Yes, the 'Lil Reb is woefully underpowered for all but back road cruising and city life, but it sure was a joy to ride! It was my first "real street bike". 1984 model with something like 20,xxx miles on it. I was 16, and thought I was one bad ass biker on my straight piped Reb! LMAO!!!!! My oh my the bliss of ignorance & youth! Well, anyways, back to topic, Little did I know how cheap all the new Hondas were! $4300 for a NEW CBR300R! Only $3499 (iirc) for the new Reb. And there in between sat a new CB300F for a mere $3999! I had been riding a 2014 Chinese Dual Sport for a few months and was not very happy with it. I was sure the dealer would laugh his ass off at me for even suggesting to trade it in. Well, HE DID laugh a lot, but, was forgiving and allowed me a not so fair price for my China bike. lol I did not care, I wanted the little CB and had a checkbook in hand. This was all of about 2 weeks ago. I was figuring there would not be just a whole lot of difference between the reb's 250 and this new 300 as far as power goes. WRONG!!!! :D
WOW this little bike has some scoot to it!!!! Sure, it is a flea compared to my friends Ninja 650, but for my needs, it is all I could ever ask for with just a few tweeks & mods. Speaking of, there is no reason to post a heap of pictures here when they are already elsewhere. For picks of the mods: clicky ------> Louis's 2015 Honda CB300F thread - ChinaRiders Forums

I have a windscreen on order (thanks to a post I found about it in this forum) and a Youshiiamuuurrrruuukiroohooo something 'ta another rear fender eliminator kit from Dennis Kirk's website. I also just today ordered the optional carbon fiber looking narrower seat from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Great intro Louis, welcome along. Yes, I lurked too for a long time on the CBR250R website before kicking the closet door open!
Glad your enjoying the 300F, sounds like you've caught the modding bug already, seems to be contagious!:laugh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome aboard! I actually rode with a dude that has a 250 rebel today. Nice little bike for sure. As for me, I have a 300r and I can't ever see myself getting rid of it. Even when I outgrow it, I'm keeping her for my collection.. such a great reliable forgiving fast "little" bike. I like to consider mine as "Alive" because it's got a **** of a big heart. Enjoy your new ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts