Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you're going to drop it an inch, I'd just get the lowered seat. It drops it a little over an inch to about 29.5", though it costs $149. Also you don't have to worry about the kickstand from using lowering links.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you're going to drop it an inch, I'd just get the lowered seat. It drops it a little over an inch to about 29.5", though it costs $149. Also you don't have to worry about the kickstand from using lowering links.
I've already installed the lowered seat and I have a welder so I can shorten the kickstand as needed. I just didn't want to be the Ginnie Pig on these links but I guess that is what I'm going to be. LOL! Might wait until it warms up before I order them though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I bought the links and installed them. Took about two hours with the wife's help and proper tools. It lowered the bike about another (1 & 3/4") right out of the box. Also dropped the front forks 1/2 while I was at it. Seat height dropped 2" or better. Took the kickstand off and I still have to go weld the foot back on the stand. Wife hasn't rode it yet and that might be a while before she does. Bike is much lower than stock. It's much easier to just replace the seat but we did that and it wasn't enough. Might put the stock seat back on and sell the lowered seat. Will have to wait and see after she rides it. Wife is happy. Might last almost an hour ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought this same set up along with the adjustable kickstand. I lowered the bike from 30.5" to 28" which was on a setting of 6-3/4" and I needed every inch for my 5'-0" GF to be able to sit on the bike and feel comfortable. The maximum adjustment is 7" and the kickstand was at the lowest point of adjustment so I cannot go much lower. My GF could touch the ground and was able to ride around the neighborhood but with 2 riders on the bike, the rear fender rubbed a little. I also ordered the lower seat and will install this and then adjust the ride position up to regain a little more travel. The install took a little over an hour and required a little effort to remove and re-install all the bolts but I really like the adjust-ability of the system. If my son wants to use the bike, the suspension can be adjusted back up in a few minutes and the stock seat replaced with 2 screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm planning to install the lowering kit from KroozTune, it come with a short kickstand.

https://krooztune.store/shop/road-range/honda-cbr-250r-cbr-300r-lowering-kit/

Do you think it can be installed at home as a DIY project? We have tried the bike with this kit installed at a local Honda dealership and my wife can have her ball of feet on the ground instead of just tip-toe. The kit cost around CAD $450 with tax and the dealer would charge another CAD$400 for labour. So trying to see if I could and should do the lowering myself to save the labouring cost. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I'm planning to install the lowering kit from KroozTune, it come with a short kickstand.

Do you think it can be installed at home as a DIY project? We have tried the bike with this kit installed at a local Honda dealership and my wife can have her ball of feet on the ground instead of just tip-toe. The kit cost around CAD $450 with tax and the dealer would charge another CAD$400 for labour. So trying to see if I could and should do the lowering myself to save the labouring cost. Thanks!
I've never fitted one of these kits but I'm thinking your selection of tools at home could be a deciding factor. When working on rear suspension links a good quality half inch drive socket set with extension pieces is essential (IMO) because those nuts can be real tight and in awkward places where you cant get adequate force on a spanner to turn them. I also use 6 point sockets (the same shape as the nut or bolt head) so its not possible to round the heads off.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

So for the lowering links and kickstand installed they want $850 CAD? That's about $630USD I believe. Uhm that price is OUTRAGEOUS!! It's a 10 minute job if you have a jack/front wheel chock. Even $450CAD for the kit is a huge ripoff. You can buy the Krooztune kit for $222USD or $300CAD (no tax), also includes the kickstand, $186USD/$251CAD without the kickstand. I think that is way too much for what you get.
Geez I wished you lived closer to me...I'd do the job for you for half that lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Questions on lowering kits.

Hi I plan to get a lowering kit and I see a few options one of these options is the 50 MM /2 inch Kroozetune kit which comes with Front shock hardware 2 Fork Preload Spacers & 2 Fork destrokers.

My question is do I need the front "preload spacers and destroker" hardware in the front to be safe or can I just lower the front shocks in the triple t 2 inches to match the back?
I am not sure how these front spacers work but i believe they go inside of the front shocks to make the shock a bit stiffer so it does not bottom out as easily?
If i do not need this front hardware than i believe i may go with Soupy's Threaded Style Lowering Links because i believe I may need more than 2 inches of lowering. I have read that 3 inches should be the max lowering . PS i had reservations about getting the threaded style links because i was reading horror stories about them breaking but when I emailed soupy he said :
"Our lowering links have large 1/2 inch diameter threads and we've never had a problem with your application. The bearing ends are rated for up to 15,000 pounds of load." So that put my mind at ease maybe the horror stories were from the cheapo ebay lowering links.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So for the lowering links and kickstand installed they want $850 CAD? That's about $630USD I believe. Uhm that price is OUTRAGEOUS!! It's a 10 minute job if you have a jack/front wheel chock. Even $450CAD for the kit is a huge ripoff. You can buy the Krooztune kit for $222USD or $300CAD (no tax), also includes the kickstand, $186USD/$251CAD without the kickstand. I think that is way too much for what you get.
Geez I wished you lived closer to me...I'd do the job for you for half that lol.
Mikai where can we get the kit for 222 USD? its listed for $300+ $30 shipping to cad on the site. I am eyeballing the Krooztune kit as well in Canada and may try to tackle it the kit will cost me about $450 CAD plus any duty / brokerage fees which could make this kit over $500 CAD..

This kit has front Shock spacers that go inside of the front suspension as well to help keep it from bottoming etc so to install the front hardware it will take much more than 10 mins as the shocks need to come apart front wheel ,caliper etc. which is not something i look forward to and would likely be why they are charging so much but it still seems excessive since I was assuming it will take me (not a Honda mechanic but a wrencher) 3-4 hours (mostly from finding torque values etc.) so it should take them 3 or less hours.. PS I emailed Krooztune and got the install PDF to see if its something i would be interested doing myself if anyone is interested .

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I am eyeballing the Krooztune kit as well in Canada and may try to tackle it the kit will cost me about $450 CAD plus any duty / brokerage fees which could make this kit over $500 CAD..

This kit has front Shock spacers that go inside of the front suspension as well to help keep it from bottoming etc so to install the front hardware it will take much more than 10 mins as the shocks need to come apart front wheel ,caliper etc. which is not something i look forward to and would likely be why they are charging so much but it still seems excessive since I was assuming it will take me (not a Honda mechanic but a wrencher) 3-4 hours (mostly from finding torque values etc.) so it should take them 3 or less hours.. PS I emailed Krooztune and got the install PDF to see if its something i would be interested doing myself if anyone is interested .
They are just the preload spacers. The shocks don't need to come out. Use a triple tree lift and unscrew the top on both forks, swap out the spacers, screw the tops back on and done. Another 10 minute job.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are just the preload spacers. The shocks don't need to come out. Use a triple tree lift and unscrew the top on both forks, swap out the spacers, screw the tops back on and done. Another 10 minute job.
The instructions show the shocks coming apart to install the "destroker" which goes on the dampener rod above the small top out spring I don't think its gona be a 10-20 min min job unfortunately.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@mikal not sure if you seen my edited post but I was wondering where can we get the kit for 222 USD? Its listed for $300+ $30 shipping to cad on the Krooztune store I like saving money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like the kits I see for cheaper are minus the kickstand
I need the kick stand , ill be using the 50 mm kit. if I didn't install the "destrokers" it would be rather painless to do the front but this wont be the case & ill likely need new fork oil and the service manual for torque specs BTW If anyone knows where the best "deal" is for the service manual they can PM me if they want.

·
Registered
68 Posts
has anybody lowered their bike to slow up the steering?? having ridden cruisers for umpteen years(shadows and a DN01) i like the cb300f but find the steering sharper than i'm used to. i'd like to think i won't turn it on it's(my) head.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts