Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Um, you don’t lean to turn, you countersteer to turn. Leaning produces a bit of countersteer, enough for a wide sweeping turn, but you have to push into the turn (push left bar forward if turning left) to turn on a dime.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Countersteer at more than about 10 mph. If going very slowly you turn the bars in the direction you wish to go. (Think pushing the bike into the garage etc).

·
Registered
68 Posts
so, ahh, anyway. back to post # 33. did anybody with a shop manual find the torque specs on the suspension links. i've asked 2 honda dealers who can't/won't (???) tell me. must be some kind of trade secret!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
to the 2(?) people who sent me private messages offering to upload the service manual i have an older computer and wouldn't know how to(if it even could). i thank you, but my computer literacy skills are second to my brain surgery skills and the last time i tried that i broke the hacksaw blade. i think i answered one of you but i can't find the message now(i'm sorry but you are doomed to a life floating in cyberspace and i was told thats somewhere beyond pluto-the planet, not the dog). is this where the dog ate my homework?? so if you can just say x number of foot-pounds i would be profoundly grateful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
thank gawd i can handle a motorcycle better than i can a computer. sorry. i'm old. they didn't have these when i was in school!!

·
Premium Member
5,340 Posts
so, ahh, anyway. back to post # 33. did anybody with a shop manual find the torque specs on the suspension links. i've asked 2 honda dealers who can't/won't (???) tell me. must be some kind of trade secret!!
I do regular work on the rear suspension of my race bike, removing the rear shock for servicing and spring changes etc. I never use a torque wrench to tighten any of the linkage bolts and have never had a problem with one coming loose. I do check them before every meeting though, along with all the other nuts and bolts!

There's nothing wrong with tightening things by hand and common sense. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm looking at a few mods for my baby blade as well. More improvements than farkling. I'm going to drop to single seat rego (rear seat/pegs delete), rear-sets, front fork cartridges, and a lighter (non-noisy) exhaust. Better tyres (they don't count in the 'mods' accounting column, they're consumables!) That ought to see me broke for a while.
If only someone could help me out with some 'manual' stuff? :angel:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mikai where can we get the kit for 222 USD? its listed for $300+ $30 shipping to cad on the site. I am eyeballing the Krooztune kit as well in Canada and may try to tackle it the kit will cost me about $450 CAD plus any duty / brokerage fees which could make this kit over $500 CAD..

This kit has front Shock spacers that go inside of the front suspension as well to help keep it from bottoming etc so to install the front hardware it will take much more than 10 mins as the shocks need to come apart front wheel ,caliper etc. which is not something i look forward to and would likely be why they are charging so much but it still seems excessive since I was assuming it will take me (not a Honda mechanic but a wrencher) 3-4 hours (mostly from finding torque values etc.) so it should take them 3 or less hours.. PS I emailed Krooztune and got the install PDF to see if its something i would be interested doing myself if anyone is interested .
Hey I know its been 3 years since this post lol but do you have that PDF for the install guide?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts