Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just got into riding last fall with my husband and was able to put 500 miles on before the weather turned. This will be my first year of riding in nicer weather and plan on getting a lot more time in the saddle. I'm only 5 feet and 105 so I definitely have my challenges but nothing lots of time and practice can't fix. :)

My father has been riding for 50 years and I'm excited to be able to share his love and passion with him. I always loved motorcycles from a distance but never tried it until last year. Once I finished the course the addiction had been born and I was off searching for a bike that would fit my petite stature. Wasn't easy since every dealer wanted to put me in a cruiser. Nothing against cruisers just knew that wasn't the style of riding I wanted to do. Anyway, I pushed until I found someone who found me lowering links for the CB300F in Asia. I was psyched!

Sorry for the note just wanted to introduce myself a bit. Back to my question about luggage and windscreens. I have been looking around but not sure what would work best for this bike and thought no better place to get answers then here. If anyone has put a windscreen or added saddlebags or tail and tank bags that they are happy with I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I want to buffer the wind on the highway but want a screen that doesn't compromise the style of the bike. I looked at Puig Rafale windscreen but didn't know if it would fit the bike. For bags looked at Kriega US-20 or 30 drypack or Cortech Super 2.0. Looking for something that will do the job, fit the bike, look good and not cost too much. Any thoughts would be a great help.

Best, Holly

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I just got into riding last fall with my husband and was able to put 500 miles on before the weather turned. This will be my first year of riding in nicer weather and plan on getting a lot more time in the saddle. I'm only 5 feet and 105 so I definitely have my challenges but nothing lots of time and practice can't fix. :)

Back to my question about luggage and windscreens. I have been looking around but not sure what would work best for this bike and thought no better place to get answers then here... Looking for something that will do the job, fit the bike, look good and not cost too much. Any thoughts would be a great help.

Best, Holly
Hi Holly, welcome :)
You could read HERE and get an idea of what MotoMike and I use and are happy with. There is also another link within the linked thread to another bag that I found recently that didn't look to bad and that was a bit cheaper. Although, I cant speak to the quality of that one. The Ogio bag is great tho.

I would recommend doing a search within this site for "windscreen" or "windshield" to see if anyone else has come up with something. I know there was one guy who modified one for the 300F but he said it was pretty tough to do I think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will definitely do another search and will check out what you guys are using. I really appreciate the reply back!:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Holly!

I just bought the Kriega US-30 drypack for my 300F. I have yet to take a trip with it yet, but my initial impressions are very favorable. I cannot wait to use it for a camping trip.

I went with the Kriega because of the modular nature of their bags, highly favorable reviews, and because it converts into messenger bag when off the bike. The Kriega bags are definitely pricey, and there look to be numerous lower cost alternatives. You'll have to decide if it's worth it to you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome Holly, Check out the screen in this post by a member recently. You could PM him for more detail.

http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/honda-cb300f-pictures/4633-cb300fa-canada.html

Good luck with your search and enjoy the coming riding season.
WOW! Why not just use a patio door? I built a windshield for the 300F. The problem with it is that the air comes in the sides of the headlight and then gets scooped up by the plastic panels on both sides of the tank. It then blows up in your face. That one is larger but I don't see it blocking the air that's coming in around the tank. I don't see a windshield working on the CB300F. Here's what I made: http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/appearance-body/2642-windshield-made-installed.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really appreciate the feedback on the Kriega. I have been looking at those as another option. Love how they are completely waterproof and loved all the reasons you were drawn to them as well. The main thing for me now is to have something to store items in for day to day like my macbook 13' laptop and then have a system I can build on for longer trips. Would love to stay with one system. With the awesome feedback I have received from everyone right now I'm leaning toward cortech 2.0, Ogio or Kreiga. The Ogio tailbag seems to be well loved by many but haven't heard as much about the saddlebags. Thanks again. Have fun camping!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The windscreen you made looks awesome! Unfortunately, I'm not that handy to make one myself. I was looking at the Puig universal touring windscreen just not sure if it will work on the bike. If anyone has any thoughts on if you think it would work I would love to hear from you. Best scenario is having a screen that blocks some wind but doesn't compromise the look of the bike. I'm a newbie so learning all this as I go. Having a place like this with more experienced riders is gold for a newbie. I have learned so much. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just installed a universal puig rafale windscreen. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet but it does look good to me

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think it serves it's purpose by giving me a place to tuck behind. I like it quite a bit because of my mainly highway miles. I don't see any difference in top speed and the wind buffering is a fair amount less when sitting upright. I would if I could do it again buy the same thing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts