Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CB300F
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders. Long time lurker. Joined in 2017 after purchasing my CB300F new that same year. I am a later in life rider. Started riding in 2010 in my 50's and wish I had started sooner! Tried various bikes and decided that I preferred smaller and lighter bikes to larger heavier bikes. This eventually led me to my current bike. I've made various additions to the bike since I've owned it (this forum has been very helpful for that) but will save that for future posts. I occasionally check out new bikes on the market, but so far the CB300F is a keeper for me.

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
Howdy! Great that you've come out of the closet after 6 years haha. Hope we haven't been boring you. :giggle:

Sounds like you found the perfect match with the 300F. How many miles on the clock now and what sort of riding do you do?

I hear you regarding the 'wish I had started earlier' thing. I got into racing in my mid forties (I'm 53 now) and I'm trying to keep up with some young and fearless hotshots who are off the side of their bikes like monkey's in positions that my older and stiff, engineers frame will not go to!

·
Registered
2017 CB300F
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Up until the pandemic I commuted by MC on almost a daily basis. Used to bike to run errands, go to market, get takeout. Once my workplace went remote that cut out the commuting and was also avoiding in market shopping. Used to do group rides, but that also ended with the pandemic and never really started up again. Retired now, but try to ride daily, even if only heading out for a short errand.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Up until the pandemic I commuted by MC on almost a daily basis. Used to bike to run errands, go to market, get takeout. Once my workplace went remote that cut out the commuting and was also avoiding in market shopping. Used to do group rides, but that also ended with the pandemic and never really started up again. Retired now, but try to ride daily, even if only heading out for a short errand.
Welcome to the forum. I know the feeling of missing my MC daily commute. Lucky for me, our mailbox is 4 miles away from our front door. Some days I check the mail more than once! 😁

·
Registered
28 Posts
Howdy! Great that you've come out of the closet after 6 years haha. Hope we haven't been boring you. :giggle:

Sounds like you found the perfect match with the 300F. How many miles on the clock now and what sort of riding do you do?

I hear you regarding the 'wish I had started earlier' thing. I got into racing in my mid forties (I'm 53 now) and I'm trying to keep up with some young and fearless hotshots who are off the side of their bikes like monkey's in positions that my older and stiff, engineers frame will not go to!
Sometimes I wonder how many of us seasoned engineers are there riding these light bikes :unsure:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Got my full licence 62 years ago but at 83 I have come down to a CB300R due to wanting a lighter bike. It still gives me the same performance on our roads (no motorways to consider) and is much more comfortable than many bigger bikes. Four or five hours in the saddle is no problem.

·
Registered
2017 CB300F
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Light is good. Easier to walk it out of a tight garage. Also, although my feet easily reach the ground when I am standing without a bike, on the bike it's another story ;). On a 500 lb. motorcycle I have to dismount if I need to back it up a slight incline. On the CB00F it's doable while seated.

There is also the fun factor on a smaller bike. It's much fun to wring it out through the gears and not risk losing your license!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got my full licence 62 years ago but at 83 I have come down to a CB300R due to wanting a lighter bike. It still gives me the same performance on our roads (no motorways to consider) and is much more comfortable than many bigger bikes. Four or five hours in the saddle is no problem.
I would very much like the idea of still be riding in another 25 years from now! 🙌 🙌 🙌

·
Registered
28 Posts
Light is good. Easier to walk it out of a tight garage. Also, although my feet easily reach the ground when I am standing without a bike, on the bike it's another story ;). On a 500 lb. motorcycle I have to dismount if I need to back it up a slight incline. On the CB00F it's doable while seated.

There is also the fun factor on a smaller bike. It's much fun to wring it out through the gears and not risk losing your license!
An older friend of mine once defined a sport bike as one we can ride at 90% power, 90% of the time on your favorite twisty road... and I must agree with that! 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts