Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thought you might want a few snaps of the new tyres that were fitted to my CBR300R this afternoon. They are the Micehlin Pilot Street (non radial). I hated the stock rubbers & had a brown pants moment on spilled diesel while on an overnight roadtrip recently.:eek:

Also had a set of Aero crash bobbins from R&G fitted. Had these lying around & was too lazy to fiddle with the fairings etc. :devil:

Once the tyres are worn in expect a full review on the blog & youtube.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I will be waiting for your report on those tires (Tyres :))

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How come you opted to stick with bias ply tyres rather than go for the Michelin Street Radials?
Cost-wise really. Don't have a huge amount of money lying around. Plus had the R&G's fitted too. Still they're Pilot Streets & will be much better for handling & grip.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
With that slightly narrower rear tire..she should "fall" into the corners (quicken the steering) just a wee bit.

Reactions: mikal

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
The Pilot Street Radials really don't cost that much more than the Pilot Street bias-ply. Big difference in performance though... once you run radials, you'll never go back to bias-ply tires. Also the Pilot Street Radial is available in the OEM rear size of 140/70-17. In fact Michelin created the PSR's specifically for the small displacement sport bike segment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Pilot Street Radials really don't cost that much more than the Pilot Street bias-ply. Big difference in performance though... once you run radials, you'll never go back to bias-ply tires. Also the Pilot Street Radial is available in the OEM rear size of 140/70-17. In fact Michelin created the PSR's specifically for the small displacement sport bike segment.
I guess so, but in all my local fitters/dealers there was a marked up price between the two.

Even on the Pilot Streets, I've noticed a vast improvement in grip even when taking it easy wearing them in. Give it a couple of days will be able to test them (dry weather forecast for the week).

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
.....I've noticed a vast improvement in grip even when taking it easy wearing them in......
How would you know if you were taking it easy?

Reactions: mikal
1 - 12 of 12 Posts