Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Looks stunning! Hope some day you replace the stock swing arm. The only major aesthetic improvement left if you ask me.

Do a lot people try to race with you?
I've looked very seriously into replacing the swingarm. I found a photo of the mono swingarm many Thai's have used but NONE will tell me what brand it is or what bike it's off but apparently, it's a perfect bolt-on fit. I know it's ridiculous but there are pix of this swingarm on 250's and k45g's with 180 rear tires haha.

Yes, I get tons of 'challenges' from bigger bikes. Quite a lot will pull up to me at a light and ask what model it is. Most Honda's know it's a 300 but they think it's a 1 of a kind import from somewhere. I go to bike nights on some weekends and nobody makes fun of the little 300 at all. They are mostly impressed.
Wheelies in 1st(popping clutch) is super fun, and if I really slam it into 2nd I can get the front tire off the ground about an inch. I know it's not a big deal but I can keep up with the new Ninja 300's up till about 82mph then I start to top out(low gearing 13/38) and that's when they pull away.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
A couple of things that interested me were your fork stiffener, and your tank pads. Where did you find those?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Just put on my new Battlax Hypersport S21 160/60/17. It looks much fatter than the previous Metzler Sportec RR 150/60.
It rides absolutely perfect. I've read so much BS about 160 size tires for years blah blah. If anything it has a bit more oversteer in cornering but if you're experienced you'll compensate for that in a couple of rides. Of course, I don't track the bike but after 1 day the chickenstrip is only roughly 1/4 inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A couple of things that interested me were your fork stiffener, and your tank pads. Where did you find those?
Can't remember, sorry. I get a lil from here, a lil from there...
Fork braces are all over, ebay, aliexpress, or any Thai type website

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice one. There's only one way to find out if it will work and that is to do it yourself. Those S21's are supposed to be a good tyre. Are you running a 120 on the front as well?
Yah 120/60 up front. Noway I'd ever go larger up front, but with the rear it's really no biggie. A couple of rides and I'm use to the oversteer in the corners now. No noticeable difference in power loss.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts