Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to buy some mirror extenders or longer mirrors for my CB300F. Any body install mirror extenders on their CB300F? What brand and size thread did you use? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
38 Posts
got mine on ebay for less than 20.00 us, they life the mirrors up about an inch an 1/4 and extend then almost out 2 inches on each side. be sure to remember the lock down nuts are left hand and the mirror stem is right handed. use medium strength lock tite on the handlebar mounting holes. they really extend the viewing of the stock mirrors and make they useful!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I be looking for 8mm or 10mm thread size?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10 mm got them from "luckybike-accessories on ebay, 17.95, in jan. this year
I just received and installed my mirror extensions this week. They are perfect. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I seem to have missed this post some how. I could have saved you a few dollars. If the reason for the extenders was to get a better view behind then I have fitted a pair of convex overtake mirrors to the top corners of my mirrors and now I can see more behind and in my blind spot.
The price £3.99p
Sorry!:(

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
The CB 300 F Mirrors are on the handle bars. But what about the CBR 300 with Mirrors on the fairing? The "F" Mirrors can be extended up + outward as explained above but I have yet to see something that will work that way for the "R"....

BTW are the CBR 250 R mirrors longer than the 300 R mirrors?

Reactions: Luke Offield

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Have you considered bar end mirrors for an uninterrupted view? The bonus is you will give your bike a cafe racer style look. Not to everyones taste of course.. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Have you considered bar end mirrors for an uninterrupted view? The bonus is you will give your bike a cafe racer style look. Not to everyones taste of course.. :)
Yes Kiwi I have had then on bikes before (RD350 LC) and really liked them. That is the route I will have to go to. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Reactions: Luke Offield

·
Registered
282 Posts
Do you have a pic of this? I can see how the convex mirrors could give a better overall perspective of what is generally around you but the issue I am having is being able to see what is directly BEHIND me while riding.
Sorry I have not been intouch recently but here in the UK we have a thing called a "Riderscan" which can be fitted to the inside of your screen you will be able to check it out on line I'm sure.:)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
autopilot..thanks for the tip..I will check it out. :)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
The CB 300 F Mirrors are on the handle bars. But what about the CBR 300 with Mirrors on the fairing? The "F" Mirrors can be extended up + outward as explained above but I have yet to see something that will work that way for the "R"....

BTW are the CBR 250 R mirrors longer than the 300 R mirrors?
these are for the 600 you'd have to ask them for the distance between the holes
Fit Honda CBR600RR 2003 2015 for Side Mirrors Extenders Riser Adaptor | eBay

these are specifically for the 300r plus others bit more $
Mirror Extenders Honda CBR125R CBR250R CBR300R CBR500R CBR 125R 250R 300R 500R | eBay

I just bought new mirrors, they extend farther than stock

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
What mirrors did you get?
Took the Rizoma Tomok's off yesterday and just put these new ones on. I need my rear mirrors I would be lost and feel uncomfortable without them. You can see at the base of the mirror the bolt extends it almost 2"inches and the arm and mirror itself come way out. No elbows at all, I love them I can totally see everything behind me now. The arm can be lowered down even more so they come out a bit straighter on the sides and the mirror is on a rotating ball so they can be adjusted to any angle

1 - 20 of 58 Posts