Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Motorcycle Cover & Commuting Gear???

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  afewgoodfingers 
#1 ·
Wondering if anybody has purchased a cover for their CB300F. Don't want anything too large that will be flapping around in the wind letting rain and dirt underneath.

Also, I try and ride to work everyday and am looking for some more versatile riding gear. Living in Central Texas warm weather comfort is the biggest concern but we do get a bit of rain and some cooler temps in the winter so something that could cover a range of weather would be ideal. Protection is also a primary concern. Armor in both pants and jacket would be ideal. Any suggestions or personal experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi
Personally if i didn't have a garage and it was a safe area (bike locked to chain or ground anchor) I would not use a cover, if it rains and you cover your wet bike it just locks in the damp and condensation. Better to give a good going over with AC50, Ive used it for years, **** sticks to the bike but keeps the rust away.
Clothes are a personal thing, Ive had to RST Rift jackets and both started coming apart at the seams, my Weise X Blade 2 has been brilliant in the heavy rain here, unfortunately its too big now. I have a british army gortex over jacket £25 from army and navy store in the old green camo pattern, the heavens can open all day and this doesn't let a drop in, best bang for your buck as they say even better than bike rain suits. Once the cold is here i put my muffs on and still use summer gloves, however when it drops to zero C this bike will not be used like the old CG, its too pretty.

Mark

#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback! We get rain so infrequently I'm not too concerned about about moisture buildup. And with the almost daily riding it doesn't stay wet for long. More worried about bird poop and dirt/dust.

Not familiar with either of those brands. So far I've been shopping Rev'It jacket/pants combo and Aerostitch suits but worried the latter would be too hot when the temps top 100°F/37°C. Been thinking that riding gear that allows street clothes to be worn underneath are the way to go.

#3 · (Edited)
I agree covering a wet bike is not a great idea but one might want to keep a dry one dry. Then there is the sun (I am in AZ, land of the deteriorating plastic) and bypassers messing with the bike. Me, I look for covered places and take my chances. Too lazy to mess with packing and folding something everywhere I go. I will be looking up that "AC50" stuff on Mark's recommendation. Hopefully it's not just a UK product.
http://www.amazon.com/Lear-Chemical-ACF50-Anti-Corrosion-Lubricant/dp/B000P1C8UO

#5 ·
I agree covering a wet bike is not a great idea but one might want to keep a dry one dry. Then there is the sun (I am in AZ, land of the deteriorating plastic) and bypassers messing with the bike. Me, I look for covered places and take my chances. Too lazy to mess with packing and folding something everywhere I go. I will be looking up that "AC50" stuff on Mark's recommendation. Hopefully it's not just a UK product.
http://www.amazon.com/Lear-Chemical-ACF50-Anti-Corrosion-Lubricant/dp/B000P1C8UO

I agree. This stuff looks awesome!

#6 ·
I use the same cover I had for the Vespa (GTS300). It fits. Just about.
I cover it only if the bike is dry. If it's a very damp, muggy, day I don't cover it.
For a riding jacket for warmer temps I use an Alpinestars mesh jacket. It has excellent ventilation. It also has a zip-in insert to keep cool morning air/rain out. It's always possible to layer underneath if more warmth is needed.
For pants I use BMW enduro pants. Expensive, but rain-proof and bearable even when it's warmer (but not hot).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.