Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
If anyone hasn't had the pleasure of watching this, I think it's a must see for all riders.

"Why We Ride"

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Same here..:(

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Plug in doesn't work. What format is it in?
Same here..:(
If you guys opened the link in the opening post, your computers have been infected with a malware virus... just as mine has. I'm so f***ing pissed right now.

OP will be dealt with for posting spam.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
If you guys opened the link in the opening post, your computers have been infected with a malware virus... just as mine has. I'm so f***ing pissed right now.

I have AVG anti virus software, so no malware/trojan for me. :)
Mike download AVG for free and do a scan of you computer, it will get rid of it and any others.

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Registered
2,565 Posts

It may have been unintentional...

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I have AVG anti virus software, so no malware/trojan for me. :)
Mike download AVG for free and do a scan of you computer, it will get rid of it and any others.
I'm also running AVG and have just run a scan. Didn't detect anything.
I've been using AVG for years with nothing sneaking through and it's not a resource hog like Norton or some of the others that slow your computer down. (I had Norton previously)

Reactions: dsimmo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apologies to all who had problems. I'm posting a new thread with an updated link. I would never spam, either. I use Google Chrome with the Ad Blocker extension installed which is probably why I didn't have any issues.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Apologies to all who had problems. I'm posting a new thread with an updated link. I would never spam, either. I use Google Chrome with the Ad Blocker extension installed which is probably why I didn't have any issues.
Well spammers often post links which look like this Watch ************ Online. And it's a known fact that spam links more often than not contain malware viruses.

Your link was titled Watch Why We Ride Online. This morning when I clicked on the link in your post, I instantly had a Safari window pop up telling me my computer had just been infected with a malware virus... coincidence? I don't think so.

Reactions: dsimmo

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My antenna twitched with this one so I didn't follow the link. Phew.

Would it helps if people posting links showed the full address, not just a link name, or wouldn't that help? I am not particularly well-versed in this stuff, just paranoid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well spammers often post links which look like this Watch ************ Online. And it's a known fact that spam links more often than not contain malware viruses.

Your link was titled Watch Why We Ride Online. This morning when I clicked on the link in your post, I instantly had a Safari window pop up telling me my computer had just been infected with a malware virus... coincidence? I don't think so.
Ha bro I'm telling you the link was legit, I watched it twice through there and I got the link from a Ninja 300 forum. Was simply just sharing for others to see, but anytime you're trying to watch a movie for free it's always run through those sketchy sites. Though, I've never had a problem with those sites with my ad blocker.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Would it helps if people posting links showed the full address, not just a link name, or wouldn't that help? I am not particularly well-versed in this stuff, just paranoid.
I posted the full link when I was copy/pasting it and when I clicked "submit" it auto-changed the link to a hyperlink with text. I thought that was strange, too.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I posted the full link when I was copy/pasting it and when I clicked "submit" it auto-changed the link to a hyperlink with text. I thought that was strange, too.
Yes, that happens some times. I dunno why, I went to school in the eighties! :laugh:

·
Banned
1,070 Posts

JNO: If I put a link I always go to the website and copy the whole link, when copied into the CBR300 Forum it just shows the link and not the full web address. 99% of sites do this. My antivirus software (AVG) always checks whenever I open any site/links. Hope that helps.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Google Chrome does not have an inbuilt antivirus and add blocker does not have one either. To stay safe and who ever you email etc., you do need an anti virus programme.

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Ha bro I'm telling you the link was legit, I watched it twice through there and I got the link from a Ninja 300 forum. Was simply just sharing for others to see, but anytime you're trying to watch a movie for free it's always run through those sketchy sites. Though, I've never had a problem with those sites with my ad blocker.
I think you're confused. An ad blocking software does just that... block pop-up adverts. What we're talking about here is malware, spyware and other viruses who's purpose is to corrupt a users computer files, and potentially steal personal info like bank/credit card details.

And if you think that link you posted was "legit", you're simply being naive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think you're confused. An ad blocking software does just that... block pop-up adverts. What we're talking about here is malware, spyware and other viruses who's purpose is to corrupt a users computer files, and potentially steal personal info like bank/credit card details.

And if you think that link you posted was "legit", you're simply being naive.
I'm saying it was "legit" in the fact that the link itself actually streamed the video, hence me watching it twice. Could it have also been corrupted? Obviously, since you got malware. So, my bad there. But just so you know, malware, spyware, etc main entry on to operating systems is via pop-ups or other inadvertent clicks on independtly hosted links. I'll agree that malware blows, but if you have basic proficiency with computers it's an easy fix. Safe mode > Malwarebytes > Done. Anyways, I don't really want to argue semantics.

And for those that really want to see the movie, which I still standby as a "must see" just google "watch why we ride" or something and find a safe link.

Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I watched the movie last night from a different source. It was good, I'm not going to say great, because it seemed a little disjointed and all over the shop, but maybe that was to highlight the differences among riders and the common thread of 2 wheels. I felt sport bike riders on the roads weren't represented enough or at all in the doco, but then I guess we're a controversial group. But they didn't mind showing riders (mainly cruiser riders) squidding it to high ****, and justifying their actions through statements like, and I'm paraphrasing, "I love the feeling of the wind in my hair". They didn't showcase any sad stories of motorcyclists with head injuries or who had died due to not wearing helmets. And I nearly laughed when I heard the statement (again paraphrasing), "when the helmet goes on, you know it's time to go racing".

I guess things are a bit different in the states when it comes to motorcycle rider safety.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just went out and rented it from Amazon Prime last year. had it for a few days and watched the crap out of it.... malware free....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I watched the movie last night from a different source. It was good, I'm not going to say great, because it seemed a little disjointed and all over the shop, but maybe that was to highlight the differences among riders and the common thread of 2 wheels. I felt sport bike riders on the roads weren't represented enough or at all in the doco, but then I guess we're a controversial group. But they didn't mind showing riders (mainly cruiser riders) squidding it to high ****, and justifying their actions through statements like, and I'm paraphrasing, "I love the feeling of the wind in my hair". They didn't showcase any sad stories of motorcyclists with head injuries or who had died due to not wearing helmets. And I nearly laughed when I heard the statement (again paraphrasing), "when the helmet goes on, you know it's time to go racing".

I guess things are a bit different in the states when it comes to motorcycle rider safety.
I agree, I was hoping for a lot more sport bike commentary. But yea, just the overall commonality of the reasons why people enjoy riding and the somewhat "brotherhood" of being on two-wheels. It's good for what it is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts