Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a cbr300r in Thailand. I love riding here, it's much more relaxed than in Oz, where the Highway patrol or a speed camera lurk around every corner. I plan to use the bike here when staying with family 2 or 3 times a year. In Australia I ride a Cagiva Raptor or 93 VFR 750. The VFR is my all time favourite bike. I've had three, as well as a 900rr, and cbr250r (briefly and that's a story!!) Ducati GT750(1974 model), 250 street scrambler 72 model, 900 Dharma, Yamaha RD350 (2) and TRX 850, Benelli 650 (1973 model), Suzuki tl1000s, and GSXr750.
The 300r is up there with the best, a beautiful machine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Welcome Michael, you would have to be one of the first members on here with the new model colour.
Thats quite a list of bikes you've had, glad that the 300R is right up there in your ratings!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome from Canada..enjoy the Season on your new bike.....looks really good!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome aboard... Right on with kiwi, looks like you're one of the first to acquire a '16!

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
I just purchased a cbr300r in Thailand. I love riding here, it's much more relaxed than in Oz, where the Highway patrol or a speed camera lurk around every corner. I plan to use the bike here when staying with family 2 or 3 times a year. In Australia I ride a Cagiva Raptor or 93 VFR 750. The VFR is my all time favourite bike. I've had three, as well as a 900rr, and cbr250r (briefly and that's a story!!) Ducati GT750(1974 model), 250 street scrambler 72 model, 900 Dharma, Yamaha RD350 (2) and TRX 850, Benelli 650 (1973 model), Suzuki tl1000s, and GSXr750.
The 300r is up there with the best, a beautiful machine.
Hi Michael
Nice to see the new 2016 model, it would be interesting to know the price you paid compared to us aroud the world. Seeing as they are made in Thailand.

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! This colour scheme looks a lot better on your photo than on the official website.
Yeah...that color really 'pops" in the pic...look really really good.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from Toronto! The best male first name in the world ;-) The bike looks like a wasp :) Can't call it Vespa, though...

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Welcome from Toronto! The best male first name in the world ;-) The bike looks like a wasp :) Can't call it Vespa, though...
We call Vespa's - Peanut roasters, do they still have a balancing lump of concrete on the opposite side of the engine to stop them falling over? :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
We call Vespa's - Peanut roasters, do they still have a balancing lump of concrete on the opposite side of the engine to stop them falling over? :)
Oh bite your tongue you sinner! My GTS300 felt so nicely balanced (without concrete) that I didn't have to put my feet down when stopped and I could scratch my right cheek while balancing a water jug on the tip of my nose.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Oh bite your tongue you sinner! My GTS300 felt so nicely balanced (without concrete) that I didn't have to put my feet down when stopped and I could scratch my right cheek while balancing a water jug on the tip of my nose.
Ha ha Michael.
I thought a bit of banter would get a response :)
So no concrete weights but comes with stabilisers then?
Is yours made by Piaggio in Bologna Italy, usually comes with a free packet of pasta.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR
1 - 11 of 11 Posts