Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
purchased a oxford big black bike rear stand, for 69.99 very impressed, came with pads, as well as a replacement for spools. 10/10 would recommend, just thought i would pass it along to you lads!

Oxford Big Black Bike Rear Stand - RevZilla

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Thanks Man! Great find I am sure that quite a few here will love your post!

Reactions: Zac Zedd

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DO NOT BUY THIS STAND ITS ****, tanks leaking, oils everywhere, frames bent, front wheels unaligned, handlebar is all bent, clutch is broken, 1,5km on it,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Did that happen all by its own, or as you were lifting the bike?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I don't know anything about that company or their reputation, but you'd certainly expect a $70 paddock stand to be built better than that.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have used Oxford products in the past, mostly security locks, with no probs. That was a long time ago though.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
That's a real bummer Zac. I've got an Oxford tank bag that's well made and I love it. Not defending them tho.
Always gutting when you damage a new bike. :(

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
DO NOT BUY THIS STAND ITS ****, tanks leaking, oils everywhere, frames bent, front wheels unaligned, handlebar is all bent, clutch is broken, 1,5km on it,
I just read this properly. Are you saying the front wheel and frame of the bike are 'bent'? Just from a topple?

I couldn't count how many 'topples' I have had over the years, and the only damage was scratches or a busted mirror, and that includes bikes weighing 250kg+

How the **** could the frame be bent? :eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just read this properly. Are you saying the front wheel and frame of the bike are 'bent'? Just from a topple?

I couldn't count how many 'topples' I have had over the years, and the only damage was scratches or a busted mirror, and that includes bikes weighing 250kg+

How the **** could the frame be bent? :eek:
i have no clue, :crying: im assuming because the rear was elevated :/ and my handlebars were locked in the front, all i know is that it sounded like an earthquake

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Zac.. I am so sorry to read/see about this. First thing I said to myself was "Son of a "*itch".

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I have used Oxford products in the past, mostly security locks, with no probs. That was a long time ago though.
... I've got an Oxford tank bag that's well made and I love it. Not defending them tho...
They also put out a very good dictionary. Quite big and heavy though.

And if your fortunate enough to have a degree from Oxford, you're probably doing quite well in life.

:nerd:

Reactions: JNO

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
They also put out a very good dictionary. Quite big and heavy though.

And if your fortunate enough to have a degree from Oxford, you're probably doing quite well in life.

:nerd:
Yeah.. My older brother has a degree from Oxford (England):nerd:

He is certainly alot smarter than I am.:(

·
Registered
54 Posts

How the **** could the frame be bent?
i have no clue,
im assuming because the rear was elevated :/ and my handlebars were locked in the front, all i know is that it sounded like an earthquake
Shouldn't the handle bars be straight while on the stand, not locked in full turn?
Is your garage surface leveled?
I love that color, wished they had all white for the cbr300rr.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have been using a rear paddock stand with my CBR3R for a few months now, with no problem. Obviously, they are very popular with sportsbike owners, and all racers use them without issues, too.

Mine uses the bobbin and fork method though. I have no experience of the type which simply sit under the swingarm. With the bobbin type, the forks cannot spread apart under load and the bike drop off - could this have happened with yours? How much flex is in the stand frame? Can the arms be pushed apart, far enough for one swingarm to slip out?

The other possibility, already mentioned, is that the bike wasn't vertically stable because the steering was locked over. I always have the steering in the dead-ahead position, which is how everybody else uses them, to my knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
**** that sux dude....
my venom stand just came in today. now im contemplating if i should use it.....
I only use my rear wheel stand when I'm working on the bike. For day to day parking in the garage, it sits on the side stand.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
34 Posts
I only use my rear wheel stand when I'm working on the bike. For day to day parking in the garage, it sits on the side stand.
i was going to keep the bike on the rear wheel stand during storage.
is this a good idea? now i know to keep the front wheel straight...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts