Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello happy Honda owners, I have a question for yall. Is riding your moto one of the happiest parts of your day? Does it help you deal with how annoying your boss is? Well for me, it does all of that and more but onto my question.... Ive been moved and need to bring my moto down here. So my queston is, how can I ship it or would it be better to just fly home and ride it down? and if you have an experience or any information to share please feel free

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Hello Shady, yes riding my bike does make me happy thanks and no, my boss is not annoying. I wouldn't work for her if she was.

If you have the time and the winter hasn't set in too much yet then isn't the best option to ride it down?
That way you can enjoy some happy time in the saddle away from the boss.;)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Agreed, additional details may be needed. If the ride is about 5 hours or less, I'd personally prepare very well and ride it back with multiple breaks in between. That's just me though, I'm always looking for excuses to ride and pull through with an adventure. It's very addicting and it's getaway drug, but I've been trying to keep a balance so that I can emotionally manage with time away from it if need be.

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Im sorry for being too vague about that question, so here are the details.

Its a Texas bike, specifically Houston but now im in Key West, Florida a distance of roughly 1300 miles which I am more than willing to ride given 2 days but.... sadly that would mean having less time with my family and I don't have that kind of time. Also in regardes to season, I do understand that were in the holiday season but I would love to ride again as soon as possible. 18 mpg isn't very forgiving down here in my camaro. I just got quoted $350 for open and $450 fpr a closed trailor earlier today, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I can understand.

I suppose going enclosed is better, especially considering the rainy and cold weather that has been active lately (in my area at least). Unless they cover it up and protect the bike in the open trailer... Otherwise maybe not worth the risk for only $100 difference... If the delivery individual is fully insured and can guarantee the bike in same, flawless condition with open trailer, then maybe...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yeah..For $450 I would bite the bullet and ship it (enclosed). Spend extra time with your family and less stress for you. If bike gets damaged the Shipper should be good for repairs. BTW try to find references from customers that have used the shipper you may use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually that's where this forum comes into its own, the company's name is Max Speed and I can only find this on yelp; Max Speed Auto Transport - Vehicle Shipping - Overtown - Miami, FL - Photos - Yelp . Didn't really help a lot, but I don't necessarily have the time to shop around, so far its the best price ive gotten for the open trailer and all I have is a number for the $450 closed trailer. If anyone knows any reputable shippers it would be really helpful :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Go on E Bay..lots of sellers there ship motorcycles. Some even have a phone number you can call to get a quote from the selling dealer to you destination.

However you could still call a shipper and get YOUR own quote from TX to FL.

Reactions: kiwi rider
1 - 9 of 9 Posts