Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Just bought my CBR300R, I love it!!

I found a shop in Thailand that could sell me a pretty nice luggage rack that could hold solid side cases. The shop claims that the kit is compatible with CBR250R AND CBR300R, and that the rack can hold Givi E21 or E22 cases.

Side support for cases (Givi SB 137):
GIVI Side Rack CBR 250r / CBR 300 #5436759

Rack assembly (Givi HR3):
GIVI Rack H3 for Honda CBR 250r / CBR 300 #4884429

The very same kit was installed by a member of the CBR250R Forums, here's the thread with pictures:
Pictures of Givi HR3, SB137 & E21 hard cases - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

My question: the seller claims that the kit is compatible with CBR300R but I kind of doubt it, because the CBR300R exhaust tip is quite higher than the CBR250R's one. My theory is that the cases E21 or E22 would touch the exhaust tip…

What do you think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Greetings,

Ok so here is an update, for those like me who wanted hard cases. I went forward and bought the HR3+SB137 Givi Asia kit, taking a chance. Shipped from Thailand (this kit is not available is north america or EU).

Turned out pretty good. This kit fits the CBR300R no problem, it took me about 3 hours to install (but I really do take my time). I had concerns about the clearance of the exhaust pipe, being higher than the 250, but as you can see in the 5th picture it's all okay (I'm sorry the bike is kind of dirty, will be cleaning it this afternoon).

Now I just have to get the Givi E21 side cases but that won't be a problem since it's sold nearby.

Oh and I went forward and installed my 12V socket (6th picture) just under the left turn signal indicator. When something is plugged in there is still enough clearance for the handlebars, no problem here either.

Have a nice day.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Up until now the most hideous thing that I ever saw on any motorcycle was the stock exhaust on a CBR250...(Then I saw my reflection as I rode by a shop window.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

May I ask how much the HR3+SB137 Givi Asia kit cost you in USD? And did you just punch in your credit-card info and US address on their website to have them ship it to you, or did you e-mail/call them first to arrange all of the shipping details before you gave them your credit card info?

I just recently bought a CB300 F, and am really looking forward to getting a proper top case for it so I don't have to carry my helmet on me all the time.

Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, just noticed that you're in Quebec city, so a price in CAD would be fine too (I'm from Vancouver myself, but am presently working in California at the moment).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if any mods are required on the CB300/CBR300 for the Givi HR3 rack? I saw a post from a cbr250 site saying they had to drill larger holes in the underside mudguard. Here it wasn't mentioned if that was needed.

Found pics here - Givi Rack Installation - Album on Imgur
Tony, yes, I just ordered the products described above from Bikerzbits and I can confirm that everything fits on a 2015 CBR300. I use the Givi E22N and TRK46 plus Givi M5 Monokey Top Case Mounting Plate (Item# 761030 Revzilla)

My installation was close to but not the same as the instructions you provided. Was happy so decided to share.

Skip the first step that says remove the mudguard.Start with Picture # 3 from the IMGUR (Remove saddle + grab rails)

When you get to the part that says drill, simply pick the largest bit that will fit through the bolt threads and drill right through the plastic mudguard. This holds the mudguard in the right place and takes the guess work out of drilling. Take care not to mess the threads up.

Then, remove the mudguard (Step 1 in the pictures. This takes some prying but you'll figure it out)
Enlarge the pilot holes so that the threads of the bolt from Step 8 (Assemble supports as pictured etc) goes through the hole. This should just be a slightly larger drill bit than the one before. There is no need for the hole to be so large that the head of the bolt can go through it.

Simply put the mudguard back and continue with the installation from Step 7. The mudguard effectively becomes a plastic washer and the whole installation is much neater

I think this is structurally sound. Have ridden about with no problems. Love the setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I attempted to order an HR3 rear rack and the SB137 side racks from MotoGaga in Malaysia - initially during the checkout process they both showed as being in stock, but I was later notified that the SB137 is out of stock and could not be sourced. However according to the rep handling my order, new units are being produced albeit with an unknown delivery date.

I have requested a backorder so we'll see if I am able to get anything in a few months.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Racks are for sale

Getting a new motorcycle so my CBR300 and the side and rear racks are now for sale.
It's the setup a few posts back with the black 2015 CBR300.
Please PM if you are interested. I will know tomorrow if my Givi Panniers need to go as well.

Will edit this post if the sale goes through.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Getting a new motorcycle so my CBR300 and the side and rear racks are now for sale.
It's the setup a few posts back with the black 2015 CBR300.
Please PM if you are interested. I will know tomorrow if my Givi Panniers need to go as well.

Will edit this post if the sale goes through.
Great timing, PM replied! I am taking delivery of my HR3 rack today, but I am interested in the side racks (and panniers if you decide to sell)!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick update that might be useful to someone like me a few months ago.

So I ordered GIVI rack system for cbr250r that suppose to fit my CB300F so far did not attach it but checked the mounting in all the places and can conclude that it will fit well.

So I contacted motogaga.com using their Facebook messenger and ask regarding the availability of:
1) Givi HR3 Top Box Luggage Rack with Mounting Plate - CBR250R
2) Givi SB Side Case Luggage Support Rack - Honda CBR250R

The person on the other side was very responsive given the time difference. So after checking availability, they make sure that it will fit my bike as well.
After agreeing on price and shipping I got a PayPal invoice that I paid. A week and a half later the package was shipped and tracking was provided to me. Overall it took 3 weeks to deliver to Canada. All together it came up to USD 230 with shipping and both racks.

Everything was well packed in its original packaging and wrapped well for shipping. No any damages on the package from shipping to Canada.

Photos pending after installation.

·
Registered
392 Posts
That looks neat-o!

I have been using only a large duffel bag strapped to the pillon seat. The reason i like it is because I live in a high crime neighborhood and with hard luggage the criminals would be rifling thru it, forcing the lid open with a pry bar

Here is how my current set-up looks. I bring the duffel bag with me and it holds my jacket, gloves and other gear.

More details here:

https://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/riding-gear-apparel/26384-better-than-bungee-cord-tying-your-bag-rear-seat.html

·
Registered
2018 CB300F
2 Posts
When any of yall in the U.S. order one of these, Did you have to pay additional taxes or duties on it?
I just picked up a 2018 CB300F and really want one. I found them for about $230, but don't want to be surprised with any additional duties or taxes when it comes into the country.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts