Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
To loud is what is going to the problem-every body has a different level of what loud is-but the catalytic converter is in the muffler so any non stock muffler is going to be A LOT louder-I had a cheap Amazon pipe on my CB300F I had a few bikes back tried every which way to make it so it was just a bit louder than stock--no luck removed it-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To loud is what is going to the problem-every body has a different level of what loud is-but the catalytic converter is in the muffler so any non stock muffler is going to be A LOT louder-I had a cheap Amazon pipe on my CB300F I had a few bikes back tried every which way to make it so it was just a bit louder than stock--no luck removed it-
stock muffler loud would be fine with me. I’ve tried to find one but everybody seems to want ridiculous prices for a muffler that’s just lying in their garage and will probably never be used again. If I have to pay a lot I‘ll just look for an aftermarket on the lower end of the decibel scale.

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
All the aftermarket ones I've come across are considerably louder than stock. That why they are so light, cos there's not much in them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been running a straight pipe for two weeks on my 60 mile round trip commute. For me too loud is when I get home and my head is ringing when I take my ear plugs out. That's my straight pipe CBR300 and it's since been corrected with an old Delkevic muffler I had laying around that came off a two muffler 90'-97' zx-6 and 2000-2004 zzr600. It fit perfectly. I also sized up the Delkevic on my '97 CBR600 with my eye sensors and could tell the attachments were the same. Once you've got that connector pipe to the muffler a lot of mufflers will fit. In my case I totally can no longer go straight through and much prefer the insert.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive lighting Musical instrument Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts