Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

(Included some pictures for clarity)

One area my new bike needs some attention in is the muffler, or lack thereof. It's not my highest priority fix right now, but it is very loud and doesn't look great. I am wondering if I am able to get the big tin can part of the muffler by itself without buying an entirely new unit. My local powersports dealer lists the cost at $780, which more than its personally worth to me. It seems like aftermarket units are cheaper, would that be a better option? Thanks.

P.S. Wasn't sure if this belonged in the parts or service forum, so I apologize if it's in the wrong place.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Font Triangle Parallel Slope Auto part

·
Registered
38 Posts
I always wondered what it looked like on the inside. I guess your catalytic converter is gone too?

I have installed a Leo Venci LV-10 slip-on and I am very happy with its deeper tone and light weight. And by adding an inline cat insert, I lowered the sound level a bit...

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
If you go to ebay and type in what you want in the search box you will find cheap ones but they will be louder than stock. On the flip side they are more compact and lighter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I saw you in one of your posts you were in South Carolina and need a muffler, I'm in Greenville and have one on my parts wall that I'm not using. Send me a messgae if you are interested in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts