Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
@CDNHONDAR
Yes there was a very noticeable difference between the 2 exhausts. In the higher RPM's the DanMoto really pulls hard. With the Musarri I remember having to look at the RPM gauge as it climbed (slowly to me) through the RPM's. With the DanMoto at WOT it is at 9500/10,000 without even getting a chance to look down at the gauge. Like I told you before, if I give it WOT in 1st gear and shift to 2nd and WOT it lifts the front tire ever so much that it makes the front wheel and handlebars kinda twist around. The Musarri was semi-loud, a very nice low deep grumble but also had sort of a DB Killer welded in the inlet section of the exhaust can that muffled it a bit. It also came with a removable DB Killer that fits in the outlet end of the can. I only had the slip on as they do not make a complete system. It was much heavier than my new DanMoto.
The DanMoto of course is the full header back SS system. It has completely open pipes. I bought a removable baffle that inserts into the inlet end of the exhaust can which is easily removable by taking the springs off and separating the midpipe and can. The DanMoto is very loud. I don't imagine any other exhaust being louder than it, it is very comparable in sound to the MGP Growler in my opinion. I put the baffle in once and took it out after the first ride. It did make it considerably quieter(not my style). I'm pretty loud-flashy-arrogant haha. The DanMoto is also extremely light. It has a great sound very deep and throaty although it is possible to ride semi quietly if you keep the throttle movement slow and under 4000rpms. IMO the DanMoto is far better than the Musarri.
I put the Musarri on 2 days after I bought the bike and later on really wanted a full stainless steel system. The DanMoto was the only full system that was under $1000. Also after I started putting all the carbon accessories on my bike I wanted a carbon exhaust can too.
Btw the Musarri is built for the 250r. Although they sell it for the 300r it doesn't quite fit correctly. Since the header pipe is 4" inches longer on the 300r than the 250r the long midpipe sets the whole exhaust farther back. There was a tiny issue getting the exhaust can hanger bracket to match up and bolt to the rear rearset, It was a simple fix with a 2" inch plate extender from Home Depot.(if you look closely you can probably see it). Or you could always cut 4 inches off the header pipe but then you wouldn't have that 'lip' on the end.
Very happy with my new DanMoto choice. Hope this helps
You can see in the 4 pictures the slow progression of my mods and accessories. The last2 pictures being the most current

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
@CDNHONDAR
Yes there was a very noticeable difference between the 2 exhausts. In the higher RPM's the DanMoto really pulls hard. With the Musarri I remember having to look at the RPM gauge as it climbed (slowly to me) through the RPM's. With the DanMoto at WOT it is at 9500/10,000 without even getting a chance to look down at the gauge. Like I told you before, if I give it WOT in 1st gear and shift to 2nd and WOT it lifts the front tire ever so much that it makes the front wheel and handlebars kinda twist around. The Musarri was semi-loud, a very nice low deep grumble but also had sort of a DB Killer welded in the inlet section of the exhaust can that muffled it a bit. It also came with a removable DB Killer that fits in the outlet end of the can. I only had the slip on as they do not make a complete system. It was much heavier than my new DanMoto.
The DanMoto of course is the full header back SS system. It has completely open pipes. I bought a removable baffle that inserts into the inlet end of the exhaust can which is easily removable by taking the springs off and separating the midpipe and can. The DanMoto is very loud. I don't imagine any other exhaust being louder than it, it is very comparable in sound to the MGP Growler in my opinion. I put the baffle in once and took it out after the first ride. It did make it considerably quieter(not my style). I'm pretty loud-flashy-arrogant haha. The DanMoto is also extremely light. It has a great sound very deep and throaty although it is possible to ride semi quietly if you keep the throttle movement slow and under 4000rpms. IMO the DanMoto is far better than the Musarri.
I put the Musarri on 2 days after I bought the bike and later on really wanted a full stainless steel system. The DanMoto was the only full system that was under $1000. Also after I started putting all the carbon accessories on my bike I wanted a carbon exhaust can too.
Btw the Musarri is built for the 250r. Although they sell it for the 300r it doesn't quite fit correctly. Since the header pipe is 4" inches longer on the 300r than the 250r the long midpipe sets the whole exhaust farther back. There was a tiny issue getting the exhaust can hanger bracket to match up and bolt to the rear rearset, It was a simple fix with a 2" inch plate extender from Home Depot.(if you look closely you can probably see it). Or you could always cut 4 inches off the header pipe but then you wouldn't have that 'lip' on the end.
Very happy with my new DanMoto choice. Hope this helps
You can see in the 4 pictures the slow progression of my mods and accessories. The last2 pictures being the most current
The Danmoto looks far better to me, although I am happy with the stock one on my bike.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR and mikal

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Danmoto looks far better to me, although I am happy with the stock one on my bike.
The Stock exhaust does look good. Far better than other Stock bikes. But it was just too quiet for me. Also there is a very noticeable difference in high end power. The engine breaths easier and feels so much less constricted

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
The Stock exhaust does look good. Far better than other Stock bikes. But it was just too quiet for me. Also there is a very noticeable difference in high end power. The engine breaths easier and feels so much less constricted
Is that because there is no cat in the Danmoto one. Do you know what db level you get from the new system?

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that because there is no cat in the Danmoto one. Do you know what db level you get from the new system?
No cat, straight open pipes. The exhaust can has baffles around the sides of the can but that's it. The diameter of the pipes are also much larger than stock. According to my shipping info the entire DanMoto exhaust system weighed just under 10lbs. A fraction of the stock system weight.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
No cat, straight open pipes. The exhaust can has baffles around the sides of the can but that's it. The diameter of the pipes are also much larger than stock. According to my shipping info the entire DanMoto exhaust system weighed just under 10lbs. A fraction of the stock system weight.
Proberbly wouldn't pass the 80db restricted noise level for exhausts in the UK unless it had a db killer.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Proberbly wouldn't pass the 80db restricted noise level for exhausts in the UK unless it had a db killer.
I am pretty sure it would not...but get the bike checked with stock system....than change over to Danmotto..:devil:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh No. Sorry I didn't answer that before. If you search youtube there are plenty of various bikes with the same system. I believe it was a cbr500 and the guy measured the decibels with his IPhone. At idle I believe it was 80db and it went to over 104db. I forgot in the UK they are really strict about decibels and Cat. Conv.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
I am pretty sure it would not...but get the bike checked with stock system....than change over to Danmotto..:devil:
Me thinks I don't want a £100 fine and 3 points on my license :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yeah...don't blame you at all...:( That would suck.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me thinks I don't want a £100 fine and 3 points on my license :)
That sux they are so strict there. Geez I would have thought America had stricter EPA regulations. They regulate everything here. Every State here is different though. When I lived in New York, every year we needed to get an inspection. They looked for safety issues and exhaust emissions. They would hook up a hose to the exhaust and run the engine for like 20 minutes and then print a graph. If you were within certain limits you would pass and get a sticker that had to go on your windshield. Because of the kind of cars I had I would either have no sticker or it was possible to get fake stickers. I would get tickets every few months for that lol
Now that I live in Florida, they do not require an inspection at all. No tests and no stickers. However if a Police Officer really wanted to bust your b*lls he could. But also in Florida they are not allowed to pull you over for a loud exhaust unless they have another reason to pull you over. Even then they are very relaxed about those laws here, at least in my town. I live in sort of a retirement community/town with a lot of older people and I think they understand a loud exhaust. Not to mention there are a lot of Harley's here and they are much much louder. I actually don't think they have cat's on their bikes? unless they all change their pipes immediately after they purchase them? Maybe @MeeLee knows about that more than I do?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yes Harley's do have converters.....but 99% of owners replace the pipes..

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a youtube video of a CBR500R with the same DanMoto GP carbon exhaust(slip on). He tests the decibels with his IPhone like I said. I can't imagine the 500r being THAT much louder than the 300. It's only at idle and ranges from 88-92ish db. He doesn't rev it at all. It also is not a good representation of the sound at all. But I guess at idle it's already over your Countries restrictions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FGB1ezHzfs

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
That sux they are so strict there. Geez I would have thought America had stricter EPA regulations. They regulate everything here. Every State here is different though. When I lived in New York, every year we needed to get an inspection. They looked for safety issues and exhaust emissions. They would hook up a hose to the exhaust and run the engine for like 20 minutes and then print a graph. If you were within certain limits you would pass and get a sticker that had to go on your windshield. Because of the kind of cars I had I would either have no sticker or it was possible to get fake stickers. I would get tickets every few months for that lol
Now that I live in Florida, they do not require an inspection at all. No tests and no stickers. However if a Police Officer really wanted to bust your b*lls he could. But also in Florida they are not allowed to pull you over for a loud exhaust unless they have another reason to pull you over. Even then they are very relaxed about those laws here, at least in my town. I live in sort of a retirement community/town with a lot of older people and I think they understand a loud exhaust. Not to mention there are a lot of Harley's here and they are much much louder. I actually don't think they have cat's on their bikes? unless they all change their pipes immediately after they purchase them? Maybe @MeeLee knows about that more than I do?
All bikes and cars have to have a MOT (ministry of transport test) every 3 years to make sure everything from brakes, lights, wheel bearings, tires, steering, suspension, exhausts, emissions, db level, no structural rust etc. So they are roadworthy, then yearly after that, if you don't get one you can't get your road tax & insurance.
https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/mot-insurance

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All bikes and cars have to have a MOT (ministry of transport test) every 3 years to make sure everything from brakes, lights, wheel bearings, tires, steering, suspension, exhausts, emissions, db level, no structural rust etc. So they are roadworthy, then yearly after that, if you don't get one you can't get your road tax & insurance.
https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/mot-insurance
Same here in some States. Usually the States with larger populations. Florida is pretty open with farmers n such and a very relaxed easy going State lol.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
@MeeLee

Here is the same Musarri exhaust slip on I have. It's on a 250r but I think you can still get an idea of the sound. I told you many times bro it's just sitting in my garage collecting black widows. :laugh: It's much better than punching holes in your stock exhaust with a screwdriver!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaWWWXCKYo
@CDNHONDAR
Here is a video of a CBR1000rr with a Danmoto exhaust. It looks different but it's basically the same as mine. Open pipes with baffles on the inner lining of the can. What I wanted you to hear is the surging at idle. When he first starts it up if you turn up your sound and listen very carefully (before he starts revving it) you can hear the surging in RPM's up n down just barely. That is what mine was doing until I fixed the Injection Solenoid. This surging is due to the bike running leaner. I have no clue but I'd bet on a 1000rr he also has a performance air filter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37Hx9xduzQ

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
@MeeLee

Here is the same Musarri exhaust slip on I have. It's on a 250r but I think you can still get an idea of the sound. I told you many times bro it's just sitting in my garage collecting black widows. :laugh: It's much better than punching holes in your stock exhaust with a screwdriver!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaWWWXCKYo
@CDNHONDAR
Here is a video of a CBR1000rr with a Danmoto exhaust. It looks different but it's basically the same as mine. Open pipes with baffles on the inner lining of the can. What I wanted you to hear is the surging at idle. When he first starts it up if you turn up your sound and listen very carefully (before he starts revving it) you can hear the surging in RPM's up n down just barely. That is what mine was doing until I fixed the Injection Solenoid. This surging is due to the bike running leaner. I have no clue but I'd bet on a 1000rr he also has a performance air filter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37Hx9xduzQ
Thanks very much for the video...I hear what you mention.... it sounds good but the pipe is not my cup of tea. Reminds me of this....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts