Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the coffman exhaust, yes it's pretty loud but I live in NYC so it's not obnoxiously Loud due to city traffic. But if you refer to loud as in get heard while you ride yes. Ive had a few close calls with the stock exhaust and after changing it I ride more confident.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods on my cb300f
-Crg hindsight bar end mirrors
-Asv shorty levers
-Renthal low bars w/pro grip hand grips
-Yoshimura fender eliminator kit with
-Competition werkes integrated smoked taillight
-20$ front turn signals
-20$ ebay gold foot pegs (not installed in this pic)
-coffmans exhaust (black tip)

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your seat looks different too? Maybe it's the shadow from the fence.

Here's a mod for ya, take that bar code sticker off the engine. :)

Nice bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, does anyone know the oil filter part number or a website I can order it? My nearest dealer wants 15$ for it not sure if that's what they cost I've seen a k&n online for 6$

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Go for the K&N, Ive been using them on both 250 & 300R with no issues. Part # KN-112

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Thanks, does anyone know the oil filter part number or a website I can order it? My nearest dealer wants 15$ for it not sure if that's what they cost I've seen a k&n online for 6$
Yeah, I'd find another dealer to do business with... the list price for the OEM Honda oil filter is only $5.80 USD.

You can also order OEM parts at discount prices from any number of online Honda dealers. Here's one that I use: http://www.hondaeasttoledo.net/OEMp...OVER/CBR300R-15-THA-3AC/2Y14K33F11AK334E0600A

The oil filter is ref# 4

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, I'd find another dealer to do business with... the list price for the OEM Honda oil filter is only $5.80 USD.
I second that. I got my oil filter and gasket for about $12 when I did my oil change.
Oh, and I like those gold foot pegs, bud...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the oil filter and gasket for 13$ and washer was $1.60 around 15 total.
And thanks I'm thinking of replacing the passenger pegs also

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
If you want to save some coin then don't bother changing the gasket. I've been re-using it with no issues and if it did ever start weeping its in an easy place to spot it.

Regarding the pegs: You can get aftermarket CBR600RR ones that fit. I posted a picture of them in the thread 'put your 300 on a diet' if your interested.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Does anyone have an Amazon link for the washer and gasket? (or any link?)

I've never done an oil change before, but I realized if I bought all the parts and tools, it comes to about half the cost of the dealership, so it's like I'm getting free tools and getting paid $60
Not sure you'll find the cover gasket and drain plug washer on Amazon. This thread has the Honda part numbers: http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/how-forum/7794-honda-part-numbers-scheduled-maintenance.html

Your dealer should have these on hand, or you could order them from one of the online discount Honda dealers like Partzilla, Cycle Parts Nation, Honda East Toledo, etc. But unless you're going to be ordering other more expensive parts, it's not worth the shipping costs to only order these small items online.

Reactions: corb

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the oil filter?
This opening post ^, along with the title of the thread "My Cb300f with mods" just cracks me up... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Reactions: quinten63

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
This opening post ^, along with the title of the thread "My Cb300f with mods" just cracks me up... :rolleyes: :laugh:
Maybe he's sporting twin oil filters on that thing, probably with anodized filter housing covers as well.

Now that would be pretty cool! :cool::cool:
;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts