Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
purchased this bike in early April, upgraded the cf fairing panels & the pillion delete, it currently has about 1k miles on it,

I will probably mod for bar end mirrors once I get serious about the subject, & I may upgrade the tires

I stopped by the Powersports dealership last week to pick up some coolant, got a lot of compliments on this bike post panel upgrades, they have sold 6 of this model so far this season & they appeared to be somewhat surprised but yet pleased with these numbers for this class of bike, although they could not produce any numbers for the cbr300 which could mean the cb has outsold the cbr but that would be a guess

there were 4ea cf panel upgrades you probably get the best shot here of the side panels, 1) chain guard, 2) belly pan, 3) under headlight, 4) side panel pair, I decided to leave off the side panel graphics for now although I did go to the trouble of ordering/purchasing a pair

what do you all think?

ride safe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Only 1000 miles in nearly five months... I think you need to get out on your bike more! :laugh: ;)

The mods you've done look good tho, I particularly like the pillion seat cowl. Will look even better with the bar end mirrors fitted.

Fender eliminator and/or slip on maybe?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
+1...
I agree with Kiwi the F looks quite nice. I too think the Bar End mirrors would really good on this model (CB 300 F) and the CBR 300 R.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only 1000 miles in nearly five months... I think you need to get out on your bike more! :laugh: ;)

The mods you've done look good tho, I particularly like the pillion seat cowl. Will look even better with the bar end mirrors fitted.

Fender eliminator and/or slip on maybe?

yep absolutely agree I need to ride more, but in my defense this is not the only bike I ride as I have three & I have been neglecting the Triumph some with breaking in the Honda

I just retired in May & I was never a commuter on the bikes anyway because I wear body armor & didn't want to have to deal with the superman in the phone booth thing at work, also I saved up house projects to help with the retirement transition so I have kept myself busy, but I ride through the winter I do not winterize the bikes, if it is 45degrees + & the sun is out I just put on some freezeout gear & go

I started out on 350cc bikes so I like to keep a 250/300 around, sold a Suzuki 250 single & bought the 300 single & I am about the same size & weight I was 40+ years ago when I started riding so the small displacement bike works for me, however the Triumph is my default bike, regardless I like to ride the cb300f as it tends to balance the inevitable overconfident,ego type stuff, I don't ride one bike too many times in a row so I break it up some with different bikes

the mirrors I would really like to keep the barend weights if I can so I am researching different barend mirror solutions, but I have barend mirrors on the other two bikes

exhausts yep I agree a black slip on would work well but is not high on my priority list at least for this bike as I like the quiet, but we'll see as the weight drop would be significant? The more you mod a bike the more you reduce your market to sell at least in the mod configuration

the fek thing well I have a café bike so I will likely not go that direction on this bike but who knows if the bike starts to get stale to me I keep an open mind

I really am interested in what you all think of the cf panel upgrades vs. stock panels

ride safe

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks pretty cool to me! I would love to make my own to save some money but 3D curves are a nightmare to lay-up properly without nice quality molds :-/

Have you thought about the front fender? I can't decide if the red or carbon there looks better....

A slip-on will drop a lot of weight (enough such that even a noobie like me felt the difference) I don't know which ones are quietest but I am sure they are around.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cg front fender

Looks pretty cool to me! I would love to make my own to save some money but 3D curves are a nightmare to lay-up properly without nice quality molds :-/

Have you thought about the front fender? I can't decide if the red or carbon there looks better....

A slip-on will drop a lot of weight (enough such that even a noobie like me felt the difference) I don't know which ones are quietest but I am sure they are around.

the front fender is the only cf accessory that I have not currently upgraded

thought I would go this far & see how I like it, actually what I did to get used to the cf upgrade gradually was I upgraded the chain guard & belly pan first to see how I would warm up to it, then a month or so later added the side panels & the under headlight

I am thinking I like the red fender better but I will consider the cf front fender however I need some time as it is currently

ride safe

·
Registered
289 Posts
the front fender is the only cf accessory that I have not currently upgraded

thought I would go this far & see how I like it, actually what I did to get used to the cf upgrade gradually was I upgraded the chain guard & belly pan first to see how I would warm up to it, then a month or so later added the side panels & the under headlight

I am thinking I like the red fender better but I will consider the cf front fender however I need some time as it is currently

ride safe
Yours is the first bike I've seen on the internet so far with the carbon like radiator shrouds! Looks cool man, I've been looking for pictures of them fitted to the bike for a while now, can only find stock pictures of them. I was scared to buy them but I will now, looks good! I think I'm on the same track I bought the chain guard first, was going to order the belly pan next and I had the radiator shrouds in mind.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one of the reasons I started this thread like dukeofbjorbon says these seem to be currently the only live pics of a cb300f with these upgraded cf panels in place

what do you all think leave the side panel cb300f graphics shaved or put them on? You can find plenty of pics with them on for comparison?

then comments on the potential for the cf front fender upgrade vs the stock red fender?

ride safe

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would leave them off, keeps it more of a "custom" look I think. You could use scotch tape to hold the decals up before sticking them on to see how it would look.

Found replacement decals here:

2015 Honda CB300F AC MARK | Babbitts Honda Partshouse

I could work something up in Photoshop to see how it would look with the cf front fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I am leaning towards leaving the cb300f graphics off the new side panels, think it's a cleaner look, I do have a set of the graphics regardless

the black is interesting but still would need to see it in the cf pattern if is not too much trouble to photoshop?

but I am currently thinking the red fender seems to work up front, I keep an open mind not really decided yet?

ride safe

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Riders with 300 F....

Just wondering..any one ever given thought to try to install the CBR 250 R belly pan to the 300F? It would look unique.

Reactions: dukeofbjorbon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Panels look great! makes me feel much better about purchasing them, now that I have seen them installed.
Good Work, now just get a nice cf muffler

1 - 15 of 15 Posts