Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen my post about the small iPod housing that I built to film out of my jacket pocket, which worked okay, but left a little to be desired. A couple of days ago I finally bought a GoPro and a chest strap mount. This video is same route I took in the previous video, only in reverse. The camera came with adhesive mounts, one of which I mounted on a helmet, buts it's been raining every day since I made this video so I haven't been able to test out the helmet mounted view yet, but hopefully will in a couple days. Feedback is appreciated, either about my riding, or the video itself.
http://youtu.be/gPs3lfG2y14

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
That's one of the better footage's I've seen. The tank is a bit dominating tho. Could you zoom out a little so not so much of the tank is in shot? Or maybe raise it slightly?
Nice area you live in. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one of the better footage's I've seen. The tank is a bit dominating tho. Could you zoom out a little so not so much of the tank is in shot? Or maybe raise it slightly?
Nice area you live in. :)
I agree. I think the chest strap puts the point of view a little too low. The camera came with some adhesive mounts, one of which I mounted on the chin area of a spare helmet, which should provide a close to true rider point a view, that I hope to try out tomorrow provided it doesn't rain for a 5th day in a row

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a Go Pro chesty mount, the trick is to hang the camera upside down at a nice angle (I angle my upward since I lean forward a bit). Then in Go Pro studio, there's a button that flips the whole video the right way up. I've got hours and hours of footage that I'm going to be editing over the cold months and adding commentary to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
you can reverse top and bottom in the camera menu itself. i.e. no need to do it in gopro studio, the camera could get the right side up already. (go into settings)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts