Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wanted to share my daily ride with everyone! yoshimura r77 carbon fiber exhaust, yoshi fender eliminator kit, integrated tail light by competiion werkes, shogun frame sliders, puig 5022h windscreen, nelson-rigg luggage. i got it back in june, so far ive got 2900 miles. what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does that exhaust sound to you compared to the original muffler
it's SO LOUD!!! Sounds like a mean gorwling monster roaring down the street now instead of a whoopie cushion going down the street. Cars on the freeway turn their heads looking for where that loud growl they are hearing is coming from.. i feel much safer.
I will also say i rode off from a light and once rode down the street next to police officers and they did not bother me or say anything about my exhaust being too loud.. i cant lie i do ride a little slower tho and shift sooner, no high revs, so that way it wont be too loud.

long story short everyone thinking and wondering about getting one GET IT!! the r77 from yoshimura is so loud and makes riding so fun, you wont regret it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I commend you on your mods: the Yoshi slip on, the fek & tail light kit

suggest more & better pics from the rear & rear & sides so you can show off your mods

ride safe

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice looking pipe but the "Honda" on the side of the tank panel is way too loud for my taste.The Yoshi stickers look good though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sleek looking bike!
You've done a tidy job of personalizing the bike to your liking. Nice one.
Nice looking pipe but the "Honda" on the side of the tank panel is way too loud for my taste.The Yoshi stickers look good though.
I commend you on your mods: the Yoshi slip on, the fek & tail light kit

suggest more & better pics from the rear & rear & sides so you can show off your mods

ride safe
thank you all very much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
wanted to share my daily ride with everyone! yoshimura r77 carbon fiber exhaust, yoshi fender eliminator kit, integrated tail light by competiion werkes, shogun frame sliders, puig 5022h windscreen, nelson-rigg luggage. i got it back in june, so far ive got 2900 miles. what do you guys think?
Love what you did with the bike. Can you comment on the difference of having installed the windshield?. Also, how do you like the side bags? did you install those without additional rack? and if so, do they move too much? ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
How does that exhaust sound to you compared to the original muffler
Windscreen on a naked bike? Pffffffffffff.
Honestly on some of my commutes I imagine how much more comfortable my bike would be if Honda just designed it as a small/starter touring bike instead of like a "racey", "street fighter" thing. They would probably sell a ton more too! Imagine marketing it as a mini goldwing.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Honestly on some of my commutes I imagine how much more comfortable my bike would be if Honda just designed it as a small/starter touring bike instead of like a "racey", "street fighter" thing. They would probably sell a ton more too! Imagine marketing it as a mini goldwing.
No, no, no... I'd much rather not imagine that! :laugh:
Sounds absolutely dreadful IMO. I'd rather they went the other way with the bike and made it more of a hard edged sports bike.
We sure have the whole spectrum of thoughts on this site eh :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love what you did with the bike. Can you comment on the difference of having installed the windshield?. Also, how do you like the side bags? did you install those without additional rack? and if so, do they move too much? ;)
it makes a huge difference! once you start going over 40-50 its noticeable that you aren't being forced back by a strong wind, i would recommend it to anyone that does a lot of freeway riding. you can also look into adding a 15 tooth front sprocket, it will drop your RPM's to about 7000 @ 70 mph.

I like the bags a lot! i ordered it because it gets really hot here in sacramento and i don't like how backpacks get your back and t-shirt all sweaty.. so i found these Nelson-Rigg bags on amazon for around $75.. you do not need a rack to attach these bags. you lift up your rear seat and there are velcro straps that attach to each other, and then a clip that clips into this hole by the rear passenger pegs and the taillight. i can fit a lot of stuff in them, i'd say they're the perfect size for the 300F!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
They already made a mini Goldwing. It was called the NT700 or Honda Deauville. It was a nicely designed and equipped 700cc twin, much lighter than the full-size tourer, though a fair bit heavier than what you are wishing for. I don't think they make it anymore. Though it sold in reasonable numbers and had a bit of a cult following, it was always the butt of jokes, being known by many non-tourer types as the Honda Dullsville. I liked it and thought it was a good concept.

·
Registered
419 Posts

Yeah, but it's supposed to be a naked bike, not sport touring.

I once met a guy who rode an 80's Harley CVO Sportster with many many miles on it. We were talking about how he rides everywhere with no windscreen (as do I) and some pretty long distances. We were talking about how some people give him a hard time about it and wonder why he rides that way when a windscreen would be "more comfortable". He had a saying that he used that I think works perfectly in this situation, it is something I whole-heartedly agree with.

"It's called the sport of motorcycling, you should try it some time"

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
i know i know.. but i do a lot of freeway riding & it makes a huge difference. dont feel like im about to fly off the bike, much less tiring.
Hey! It's your bike man..rock it how ever you want...;)

Reactions: AvroArrow
1 - 20 of 26 Posts