Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CBR300R matte black red trim
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a pretty sweet deal on a new 2019 CBR300R. So far I have put about 800 miles (oil changed at 600) on it in the 2 months iv had it. Today I put an LV10 slip-on exhaust, some TST flush mount turn signals and some T-rex frame sliders on her. Tomorrow some stompgrip tank pads on the sides and center.
Next I think I'll delete the mirrors and put 1 bar end mirror on the left side.
Any tips or advice on mods, maintenance, or things to look out for or be aware of with this specific year bike feel free to let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like your pretty much all over it as far as the common mods go. Tail tidy maybe? Adjustable levers also popular. I did the same single bar end mirror mod but on the RH side as we drive/ride on the left. I like that uncluttered striped down look . Pic below.

These bikes are fairly bullet proof and seem to be able to soak up a bit of punishment as long as you do the regular maintenance. Some of the early ones had faulty cranks and there was also a starter relay recall but your '19 model will be 'sweet as' to use a Kiwi expression. :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Sounds like your pretty much all over it as far as the common mods go. Tail tidy maybe? Adjustable levers also popular. I did the same single bar end mirror mod but on the RH side as we drive/ride on the left. I like that uncluttered striped down look . Pic below.

These bikes are fairly bullet proof and seem to be able to soak up a bit of punishment as long as you do the regular maintenance. Some of the early ones had faulty cranks and there was also a starter relay recall but your '19 model will be 'sweet as' to use a Kiwi expression. :giggle:

View attachment 34626

Did you do anything to fill your mirror delete cavities?
I just put some Yoshi cap CF inserts in mine. Looks sweeet.
When my bar end mirror comes tomorrow and i get it on ill post some picks.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Very Nice. I think that colour scheme suits the CBR really well and your subtle mods compliment it.
Have you considered getting a fender eliminator and smaller rear indicators?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kiwi!
Ya. As far as priorities go I think a fender eliminator and some smaller turn signals is my next (and maybe last?) mod. Im just having trouble on deciding which one to go with. There seems to be quit a bit of options.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Thanks Kiwi!
Ya. As far as priorities go I think a fender eliminator and some smaller turn signals is my next (and maybe last?) mod. Im just having trouble on deciding which one to go with. There seems to be quit a bit of options.
Any suggestions?
No, because I used an Australian manufacturer (Mustard bikes) and the freight would be really expensive to the States perhaps.
Honda |CBR125R | CBR250R |CBR300R |CB300F |2010-2016 | Fender Eliminator | Tail Tidy | Mustard Bikes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After searching through these posts for a few weeks im hella suprised no1 suggested an EJK.
Would it be beneficial to my bike since I have the LV10 slip-on on there?
And is a K&N airfilter a good idea?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts