Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at 2 bikes, maybe a third. CBR300R, R3, and maybe Ninja 400.
Went to the dealer today and sat on the CBR300R and the R3. Have not done any test drive yet. My thoughts are the following: 1) seating position seemed fairly similar to me, not a hugh difference. 2) I thought the R3 had a slightly more comfortable seat and narrower in front. 3) the CBR seemed to be better balanced, maybe lower center of gravity, but it had a good feel to it, not sure if it transfers to the road. Any way, i will test drive, but for folks who test drove these bikes, thoughts. BTW leaning towards the honda. Ninja 400 not out yet. I think my ideal bike if they made it would be a CBR350R with the gage cluster from the new Ninja 400. Not looking for a bike over 400cc and over 370 lbs. Other thoghts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Looking at 2 bikes, maybe a third. CBR300R, R3, and maybe Ninja 400.
Went to the dealer today and sat on the CBR300R and the R3. Have not done any test drive yet. My thoughts are the following: 1) seating position seemed fairly similar to me, not a hugh difference. 2) I thought the R3 had a slightly more comfortable seat and narrower in front. 3) the CBR seemed to be better balanced, maybe lower center of gravity, but it had a good feel to it, not sure if it transfers to the road. Any way, i will test drive, but for folks who test drove these bikes, thoughts. BTW leaning towards the honda. Ninja 400 not out yet. I think my ideal bike if they made it would be a CBR350R with the gage cluster from the new Ninja 400. Not looking for a bike over 400cc and over 370 lbs. Other thoghts?

You put up a similar thread three years ago when you joined. Did you buy a bike then or is this still your first?
The Ninja 400's have just hit west coast dealers in the last few days. Maybe worth waiting till they are in the North East and then you can do a full comparison?
See if you can get some test rides on a demo model. It's the best way to get a proper feel for a bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You put up a similar thread three years ago when you joined. Did you buy a bike then or is this still your first?
The Ninja 400's have just hit west coast dealers in the last few days. Maybe worth waiting till they are in the North East and then you can do a full comparison?
See if you can get some test rides on a demo model. It's the best way to get a proper feel for a bike.
Bought a boat instead back then, have enjoyed it alot, but have learned they cost alot to run, store and maintain. Selling the boat, hence looking at bikes again. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts