Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Releases Six New 2014 Models | Motorcycle News - Ultimate MotorCycling

"Over a month into 2014, Honda has unexpectedly released six new models of 2014 motorcycles. They include the Interceptor and Interceptor Deluxe (both V-4, upright, faired sportbikes), the all-new CBR650F (another upright, faired sportbike), the retro CB1100 and CB1100 Deluxe (air-cool fours with a new six-speed transmission, and added electronics for the Deluxe version), and the biggest surprise of all, the Montesa Cota 4RT Repsol Edition observed trials motorcycle (which will be available in limited quantities)."

See link for more.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I caught a glimpse of the cb1100 at the last show but man that Montesa Cota 4RT Repsol Edition really has my attention!

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
532 Posts
looks a bit like a grown up pit bike....

I do wish Honda would do a retro CB500 like that CB1100 above... my god I'd buy immediately.

always loved the old CB's but I'm a little intimidated with having a 40 year old bike and all its niggles as my first one...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I current ride is 84 CB450sc. I would diffidently upgrade to an updated vintage style with the new 286cc or CB500x engine with EFI, ABS, liquid cooled, better suspensions and MUST be under 350lbs. I don't like all them plastic panels on a bike...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I current ride is 84 CB450sc. I would diffidently upgrade to an updated vintage style with the new 286cc or CB500x engine with EFI, ABS, liquid cooled, better suspensions and MUST be under 350lbs. I don't like all them plastic panels on a bike...
plastic panels is why i like old school bikes or older styled newer bikes.
how important would ABS be to you, i know some people can do without it

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
What is the interceptor meant to be?
Really hard for me to put it from what I could remember it was just really bold and square.

This is the exact image I picture in my mind when I hear the word "interceptor" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Really hard for me to put it from what I could remember it was just really bold and square.

This is the exact image I picture in my mind when I hear the word "interceptor" :rolleyes:

Never seen those ever, what an interesting looking bike

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts

What is this thing? It looks like it doesn't even have a seat? What is the purpose of that?
That is commonly known as an Trials Bike, used in a form of organized competition called Observed Trails...

·
Registered
203 Posts
That is commonly known as an Trials Bike, used in a form of organized competition called Observed Trails...

2014 MONTESA 4RT TRIALS BIKE LAUNCHED - YouTube

2012 FIM Trials Championship Australia highlights - Bou Fajardo Fujinami Raga - YouTube
So there is no seat on this. You are expected to ride standing the whole time. Really this bike is only for people who are taking up trail riding. Its kinda like the mountain bike of motorcycles.

Looks cool, but given its purpose I'd imagine that it doesn't sell in large volumes.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
So there is no seat on this. You are expected to ride standing the whole time. Really this bike is only for people who are taking up trail riding. Its kinda like the mountain bike of motorcycles.

Looks cool, but given its purpose I'd imagine that it doesn't sell in large volumes.
It's not even intended to be a trail bike... it's a bike designed and built solely for the purpose of competing in Observed Trials (note the spelling Trials, not Trail). Within the category of Off Road Motorcycles there are various types of bikes which are designed and built with specific purposes in mind, for example Motocross, Enduro, Trials, etc. Of the various types of Off Road bikes, the Observed Trials bike is probably the most specialized in terms of it's design and intended purpose... needless to say a Trials bike would not be the bike of choice for a day of casual trail riding.

This is my '01 Honda XR400R, which is an example of a typical Off Road/Enduro bike:

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
SO the Observed Trials bikes are basically just used for competition then? I'm going to look this up on YouTube to get a better idea of what it is.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
SO the Observed Trials bikes are basically just used for competition then? I'm going to look this up on YouTube to get a better idea of what it is.
Really, you didn't see the YouTube clips in post #13?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
nice motomike. you keep that thing clean! how much miles on it?
I bought it used 5 years ago, with about 1200 miles on it. The previous owner had bought it new in 2001, and just really didn't ride it all that much. Since I've owned it I've put on another 2000 miles, which are all off road miles (the bike isn't street legal).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hmm.. I've always thought about trying off road or getting a dirt bike..

But I'm just fearful of falling. It seems like.. You fall often when riding dirt bikes or off road style motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts