Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
A poor workman always blames his tools.
Done just under 600 miles on my CB300R now and getting it sorted to me. Great little bike. The stupid always on amber lights at the front are gone :D and they operate as normal indicators. I joined the always on wire to the indicator wire and that gives a brighter indicator light. Saved some dumb car driver thinking I'm going left and right at the same time or that my hazzards are a constant on. All my other mods have been done as I want it. Gave it a first oil change at 500 miles. Filter looked very clean when I opened it to study if there was any swarf. New Motul 5100 10/30 and Hiflo filter.

·
Premium Member
5,545 Posts
Where's your Mod powers when we need them. Somebody needs to get rid of this negative Troll.
Yeah I dunno if we even have a mod these days, haven’t heard from Moto Mike for a long time now.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
358 Posts
A poor workman always blames his tools.
Done just under 600 miles on my CB300R now and getting it sorted to me. Great little bike. The stupid always on amber lights at the front are gone :D and they operate as normal indicators. I joined the always on wire to the indicator wire and that gives a brighter indicator light. Saved some dumb car driver thinking I'm going left and right at the same time or that my hazzards are a constant on. All my other mods have been done as I want it. Gave it a first oil change at 500 miles. Filter looked very clean when I opened it to study if there was any swarf. New Motul 5100 10/30 and Hiflo filter.
Which filter number did you use-reason I'm asking the part number changed recently-the old 112 is no longer the right one seems Honda changed the filter design but continue to use the same part number

·
Registered
464 Posts
Which filter number did you use-reason I'm asking the part number changed recently-the old 112 is no longer the right one seems Honda changed the filter design but continue to use the same part number
I still had a 112 from when I had the CBR300 but ordered four more HiFlo (saves postage) from my regular supplier for the CB300R. The ones that came are 103. I compared them very carefully with the 112 and I think there is no difference. leave them out of the boxes and you wouldn't tell them apart. As it is basically the same engine you would expect the filter to be the same. I would say the number changed but the design is exactly the same. Just checked the Honda part nos. Both are 15401-KYJ-902 but in the CBR300 they originally had last 3 as 901 but crossed out and 902 still there so I think they are the same filter. I did not order by Honda part No but by model and year which is what my supplier goes by.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I still had a 112 from when I had the CBR300 but ordered four more HiFlo (saves postage) from my regular supplier for the CB300R. The ones that came are 103. I compared them very carefully with the 112 and I think there is no difference. leave them out of the boxes and you wouldn't tell them apart. As it is basically the same engine you would expect the filter to be the same. I would say the number changed but the design is exactly the same. Just checked the Honda part nos. Both are 15401-KYJ-902 but in the CBR300 they originally had last 3 as 901 but crossed out and 902 still there so I think they are the same filter. I did not order by Honda part No but by model and year which is what my supplier goes by.
Good to know you picked up on that-I e-mailed Hiflo to get an answer because I also had a 112 left over from my 2017 CB300F and was told Hiflo buys filters from OEM's on a regular bases for testing and found the filter media had changed to a finer mesh so they changed the design-but also stated no danger can happen if the 112 is used you just don't get as much filtering-I bought a OEM filter for my CB300R just didn't want to take a chance with the warranty-just in case

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks for that MB. If the difference is just finer filtering it couldn't be seen by studying them I have enough 103s to do my 1500, 3000 and 6000 mile oil changes.:). I believe frequent oil changes are impotant to small engines that don't have a lot of oil in them. Oil is cheaper than rebuilds.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for that MB. If the difference is just finer filtering it couldn't be seen by studying them I have enough 103s to do my 1500, 3000 and 6000 mile oil changes.:). I believe frequent oil changes are impotant to small engines that don't have a lot of oil in them. Oil is cheaper than rebuilds.
I'm old school -these long 8,000 mile oil changes scare me as you said not a lot of oil change offen

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
34 Posts
Yeah ...57 years riding on a variety of bikes and the light weight agility of the CB300F is a real treat.
I suspect the ergos of the 300r are just all wrong for an aging rider with little sense.
Months and hundreds of miles? :rolleyes:...doesn't ride much either. That's a week for me and I'm 74.
Rose tinted glasses memories of a 55 year old bike.

Reactions: kiwi rider
21 - 30 of 30 Posts