Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been contacting dealerships about the CB300f just seeing what they'll offer because I'm looking to purchase one in the near future as a first bike. For the most part I've been getting ridiculous quotes like $5,900. I finally requested a quote from one online and in the comment section I said I wasn't interested in paying any of their overpriced fees so I got a quote back saying that they had a new bike in stock and they could do $4,800 (msrp $3,999) and a bike with 800 miles on it for $4,000. Not sure if these are good deals or can I do better?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm sure someone in Cali could answer the question better than I could, because they have different dealer fees. However, $4800 OTD seems pretty reasonable to me. I paid around $5,000.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On that particular thread, @Ven0m0uS mentions:

May want to sent him a PM to link up with the dealer / sales manager he purchased from... Just an idea.
When I said Northern California I guess I was hoping someone from the Bay Area would chime in. Freedom, CA is about 45 miles from San Jose and about 90 miles from San Francisco so I don't know why they are calling that the south bay area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
On that particular thread, @Ven0m0uS mentions:

May want to sent him a PM to link up with the dealer / sales manager he purchased from... Just an idea.
When I said Northern California I guess I was hoping someone from the Bay Area would chime in. Freedom, CA is about 45 miles from San Jose and about 90 miles from San Francisco so I don't know why they are calling that the south bay area.
It depends who you ask. I don't want to go into technicalities about the bay's borders and counties. I always say south bay because that's how I've heard my area mentioned as from people here. I'm on Craigslist a LOT, when I look at stuff in my area it states south bay.

ANYWAYS, good luck finding a 300 in your area. $4,800 isn't bad. Your tax rate is probably higher than here. Might be why it's a bit more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm in southern Oregon and looking to MAYBE sell. I'd sell for less than anything mentioned in this thread. It has 1200 miles on it. PM me if you have any questions and may be interested! I could possibly meet halfway if it comes down to it.

EDIT: Just realized this thread is 2 months old.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im in Sacramento Ca and i just got my new CB300F and a Shoei Qwest Helmet for 5,000 OTD. At first they tried to tell me $5,100 for JUST the bike.. but thankfully i had done my research and told him that i know i can go to the other dealership and get it for 46, 47 OTD and said i only had 5000 cash and wanted my helmet too, that was my only offer. The salesman walked away for about 10 mins but then came back and said the deal was good!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Im in Sacramento Ca and i just got my new CB300F and a Shoei Qwest Helmet for 5,000 OTD. At first they tried to tell me $5,100 for JUST the bike.. but thankfully i had done my research and told him that i know i can go to the other dealership and get it for 46, 47 OTD and said i only had 5000 cash and wanted my helmet too, that was my only offer. The salesman walked away for about 10 mins but then came back and said the deal was good!
You save some money and they make some money... Now that's always a fair deal! :laugh:

·
Registered
172 Posts
CB300f 3,999 (CAN)

i got my cb300f for 3999.99 before taxes, Canadian, the bike sells for 4699.99 here in canada, it just took a lot of bargaining on the price, and the right time!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Thats a good price Zac... now were there other fees added besides Freight/PDI and sales tax?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my cb300f from GP in san jose for $5000 cash out the door. This was back in october '14

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I bought my cb300f from GP in san jose for $5000 cash out the door. This was back in october '14
You got a head start and have been enjoying your bike ever since and for a while now... So even if you paid a bit more, it's very worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also did not mention that i called up the dealership as they were closing and they stayed open late just for my sorry ass. As they say in the motorbike world, money talks bullsh*t walks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased mine about a month ago from North American warhorse and they and down to $4,100 on the bike but after taxes and everything otd it was around $4,900 with some good riding gear

1 - 20 of 22 Posts