Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought a practically new ‘21 CB300R with 500 miles. My daily rides are a CB1100 and a Bonneville.

I’m a daily commuter in heavy traffic, and my wife has been wanting to learn to ride. I picked up the 300R to rotate into my commuting to keep miles off of the 1100, which is becoming something of a collector’s item, and for my wife to learn on. We both love the looks of the 300R.

Looking forward to learning some tips and tricks about this cool little machine.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just changed from CBR300R to CB300R. First job - run extension terminals from battery to place under the seat in order to use a plug in charging lead. A heavy duty fuse holder (without the fuse) provided two perfect posts for the pos and neg leads.

Toy Automotive wheel system Camera accessory Auto part Cameras & optics

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first job will be similar, running a charging plug to a point outside the bike to easily plug in a charger. Did some quick reading and see that getting to the battery is a bit more involved than just taking the seat off.

It will be a while till I can get to it, though. The original owner was 12 miles from my mom’s house, but 80 from mine, so it’s in her garage until time and a break in the weather will line up to give me a chance to bring it home.

·
Registered
464 Posts
This afternoon I changed the 'always on' front amber lights to proper indicator operation.. I don't want car drivers thinking I have a malfunctioning hazard light or not knowing which way I intend to turn so now no more ambers at the front, just correctly operating indicators. Cut the always on wire in the indicator unit and rewire it on to the indicator wire.You then have two LEDs as the indicator. Taking the indicator off the meter unit makes it much easier to cut and solder the wires. To get the rubber support blocks off their posts use a little squirt of WD40. Makes it easier to put them back and get the connector plug through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts