Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2019 cbr300 and the clutch seems to slip after 5rpms and it's even worse going up hill. It started happening around 800 its 900 miles now. Dealership wants 240 to diagnose the problem on the NEW bike... I adjusted the freeplay plenty of times but it still slips. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
354 Posts
Honda makes an extremely dependable CBR300. A properly adjusted 'new bike' clutch cable shouldn't need constant adjustment. Your Dealer is well within reason to warn you of the cost of diagnoses and repair. Any physical damage to the clutch internals could easily be considered 'normal wear and tear" for warranty purposes.. just like brake pads, tires, chain and sprockets, etc. It's seldom any of these items wear out prematurely with normal use. This isn't just a Honda policy, but is standard throughout the motorcycle industry.
Sorry, I doubt this is what you wanted to hear. But unless they find something internally amiss within the bike, you'll probably be financially responsible for the both parts and labor. If they find something defective from the factory... all, including diagnosis cost", will be covered by Honda. Good Luck.

·
Registered
326 Posts
First thing I would do is change the oil-not car oil or any kind of synthetic might help no telling what the pass owner had in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts