Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
New here. Just got my CBR300r back in September. I'm 37 but only in my 2nd year of riding. I started on a Honda Rebel 250 for my first year. I thought I'd get another cruiser but when I sat on the CBR it became clear that I was not leaving the shop without it. Anyway, I'll poke around on here. Look forward to getting to know some of you. If anyone is in the Columbia, MO area and wants to ride, let me know!
Here's a pic my wife took when I first got home on the CBR:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hello! From the Great White North...Canada's East Coast. You are going to really like the CBR 300 nice little "Baby Blade" as they are called in Europe. :)

Reactions: Luke Offield

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Nice choice. I like how you're at ease and not overwhelming yourself with too much bike. You're going to be a good rider, if not already.

If that's your Honda Element, it's nice that it matches with your new 300.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Reactions: Luke Offield

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hey Luke, welcome to the club. That's one heck of a shiny new bike you got there, enjoy every minute of it. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice choice. I like how you're at ease and not overwhelming yourself with too much bike. You're going to be a good rider, if not already.

If that's your Honda Element, it's nice that it matches with your new 300.

Thanks for posting the pic.
Thanks, Fanatic!
Yeah, that's one thing I've been keeping in mind as I progress. I only want to take on as much as I am actually ready for. Jumping from a 250cc to a 600+ could have been dangerous and, while I love to ride and I am on it almost every day, I don't want to assume more of my ability than what is really there. My wife and I both started riding at the same time. Before we even bought bikes we took the safety course and learned as much as possible before going full-on into it. It has helped to make me a more confident rider.
And yes, that's our Element. We're kind of a "Honda Family" ;)
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hey, Luke, welcome! CDNHONDAR was speaking only for the east coast of Canada as "the Great White North".
Here, in the Great Balmy North (aka the Toronto region) we are not planning any snow. Only sunshine and swimming
in Lake Ontario!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hey, Luke, welcome! CDNHONDAR was speaking only for the east coast of Canada as "the Great White North".
Here, in the Great Balmy North (aka the Toronto region) we are not planning any snow. Only sunshine and swimming
in Lake Ontario!
Yeah right Michael. I suppose if anyone believes that you need a different job like selling snow....:devil:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Luke...Just look at what you can do with your CBR 300 R....:) fun fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdMPpeXTuBY
What a cool comp, would love to be part of it. It's a good advertisement for those engines too as what you cant see in the clip is just how dam hot it is there.

Although I love my GSXR track bike it would have been quite cool to mod the suspension on the CBR, slap on some real sticky rubber and keep tracking it.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Pssst! I know a fellow who is planning to sell a nicely MODDED CBR 300 R. Would make a good track bike. The mods are tastefully done and the color is a nice RED. I think he may live close to you in N.Z. :)

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Pssst! I know a fellow who is planning to sell a nicely MODDED CBR 300 R. Would make a good track bike. The mods are tastefully done and the color is a nice RED. I think he may live close to you in N.Z. :)
Ha! I think I know who you mean, apparently he needs the proceeds from the sale of the 300R to fund his next purchase. Lol.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
352 Posts
Have Fun, Luke! Welcome to the RideRed addiction buddy!
I used to live about an hour from you in St. Peters, but I moved to San Antonio (to obviously ride all year long ahaha).
Its about 65 degrees here today in the middle of December!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts