Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm a new CBR300R owner from Queensland, Australia. Picked up the bike on Friday and already know it was the perfect decision for me. I'm a first time rider so this is my first bike and my first time riding out on the road on my own.

Few things I have noticed so far (which I have seen mentioned elsewhere on the forum)
* Speedo seems to be out as when sitting on the speed limit seem to have lots of people passing me
* Had it get stuck in N twice, going up to 2 let me go back down to 1st though.

Here is a picture from during my first ride

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hi Reubz, I see you got the new colour scheme going on there, nice one.
Yep, the Australasian models speedos read 10% fast so that explains the tail gaters but your odo should be bang on.
The gearbox will loosen up after a 1000k's or so, bear with it.
Enjoy your new ride. :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Nice looking bike! I think you may the the 1st on the Forum with that color..Welcome and Congrats! As Kiwi mentioned the gear box will get better with use..just remember to have your 1st service done at 600 miles.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome aboard Reubz. Must admit, I wasn't a fan of the the new orange color, but saw my first 2016 at the Dallas Motorcycle show and I must say it changed my mind. Ride safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, wasnt 100% convinced with the Orange in pictures but when I saw it in person changed my mind instantly.

Will definitely make sure I get the first service which i think is at 1000km for us here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
keep an eye on that chain tension to, if you give it a thrashing breaking it in it can need adjustment before the first service comes up. It should be good for a while after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts