Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This year has been pretty crazy for me. I went through an extremely rough patch that changed my outlook on life, I sold basically everything I own and just tried to put myself back together for months. I finally feel like a normal person again, and I have always wanted a motorcycle. I have ridden dirt-bikes for years but I finally pulled the trigger on a CBR300R SE.

I can't wait to get riding and meet some new friends! Anyone near Keswick/Newmarket? Can anyone point me in the right direction for meetups, group rides, etc? Thanks!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the boards! Glad things have turned for the better for you, and great choice on the 300. Our little CBR is more than capable of putting a smile on your face and melting the stress of life away :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome to another fellow Canadian! I too went through a "rough" patch last year and just 2 months ago I purchased a CBR 300 R Tri-Color. It is in storage at the moment..I have not even ridden it at all yet...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Great comeback. Stay strong and enjoy every bit of your new ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I can already see this bike being a great part of my life. I ordered a new helmet today and I should have the bike delivered around mid-January. I don't think I'll be able to wait until march, I might end up riding in the cold ASAP!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from the shore of Lake Ontario! I was in Keswick a couple of times, though just briefly.
Thanks :) It's a nice little town. I just wish there were some nice twisty roads around! I still have to do some research and find out the really great motorcycling roads around my area.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Welcome. I see what you mean about the lack of twisties. Looking at Google Maps, it seems the road builders where you live planned the roads using a laser! I can't find a bend that couldn't be taken in 6th gear. Still, there's more to biking than scratching. It looks like Grand Touring country to me, so start looking at luggage!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome. I see what you mean about the lack of twisties. Looking at Google Maps, it seems the road builders where you live planned the roads using a laser! I can't find a bend that couldn't be taken in 6th gear. Still, there's more to biking than scratching. It looks like Grand Touring country to me, so start looking at luggage!
Wow, I didn't think about google maps for bike roads! You are correct, my area is very "square" lol! I plan on doing some touring on the 300, I love driving my car on any road, anytime, any condition. I can only see the bike being more fun! Albeit a little more uncomfortable, but nothing a thin butt-pad and some earphones can't solve!

I think its incredible that 90% of the motovlogger videos I watch (6foot, jake, c2w, etc), everyone is always so happy. Always having a blast and just out enjoying life. That feeling is what I'm chasing with my 300!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have travelled Ontario extensively. If you want something that resembles a curvy road, then the Niagara Escarpment, Muskoka/Haliburton region, Algoma region are the places to go. And even then you get just a few curves.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a bit too far from you to be practical but I take a route from London down to Sparta and then down to Port Bruce. There's a good number of twisties and I can go to Port Burwell from there or even further following the lake. I've recorded the trip a number of times on my Go Pro but I am planning on splicing the good parts together and recording commentary over the footage to "vlog".

The 300F became my life very quickly and I'll be hooked for life thanks to it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
You should come to South Western Alberta and North Western Montana - lots of nice curvy roads down here. Google Road to the Sun in Glacier park - an absolute must! And it's only 5 hours away from you. ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually set up a tent in my parking space and I sleep next to her. It's the only way to guarantee that no one will take her in the night! I set up a web cam so that I can watch her from an app on my phone when I'm at work. One guy asked me if he could sit on her and I asked if I could sleep with his wife in exchange. He didn't take me up on the offer for some reason. I'M KIDDING OF COURSE! Yes, I take jokes too far.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the road tips, I'm going to start local on my favorite driving roads and go from there. The bike was delivered today, started right up and let her idle for about 30 minutes till it was nice and warm. -7C today so still a while before my first ride I think.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Thanks for the road tips, I'm going to start local on my favorite driving roads and go from there. The bike was delivered today, started right up and let her idle for about 30 minutes till it was nice and warm. -7C today so still a while before my first ride I think.

Man that must be frustrating not being able to ride your brand new machine.
Seems there's a few members on here now waiting for winters icy grip to pass before breaking out the new wheels.
Heard on the radio today about big snow storms hitting the eastern states. 'Snowmageddon' was the expression used.

Meanwhile here it was a nice 25 deg C (77F) and I was out and about on the 300R and loving it. Hit a little straight on a quiet (ie. no police presence) back road and saw (a corrected) 159km/h on the clock. Thats 99MPH according to my calculator.
The spontaneous bursts of speed are always the most fun :laugh:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I bit the bullet and took the bike out today. It was a balmy 3*C but the roads were dry. What a blast!! I only had normal jeans and sneakers on so it got a bit chilly after 30 mins, but I managed to put on 10km riding around my subdivision. I have this warm fizzy feeling in my chest, not like anxiety but the exact opposite of that... Best feeling I've felt in a long time! So happy right now :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and took the bike out today. It was a balmy 3*C but the roads were dry. What a blast!! I only had normal jeans and sneakers on so it got a bit chilly after 30 mins, but I managed to put on 10km riding around my subdivision. I have this warm fizzy feeling in my chest, not like anxiety but the exact opposite of that... Best feeling I've felt in a long time! So happy right now :)
Lucky you to be able to go for a ride! :crying: :angel:
We had +10C over the weekend, but lots of melting snow still, making the roads somewhat wet. I was tempted to arrange to pick my bike early, though. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts