Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picking up my new CBR300R in tri-colour white today (24th Sept). I previously had a CBF600 but the thing was eating money & fuel & was broken under used warranty. I'm based in Surrey, UK.
Played around on one & sat on the same bike last weekend & was taken. :nerd:

cbr300 2.jpg

cbr300 3.jpg

cbr300 4.jpg

Why did I downgrade from 600 to 300? :eek: I wanted to get a middleweight sportbike that would be good to go from home to London on the motorway but wouldn't ruin my finances.

Hope to get to know some other riders of this brilliant little machine!

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Howdy chap and welcome to the forum. By the time you read this you will probably be in possession of one great little motorcycle. Nice choice, they look good in the tri colour livery.
Enjoy your new toy and the associated savings on gas :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi, you wont go wrong with this bike for commuting on, just don't expect 600 performance, im putting in about £7.20 a week to do 155 miles :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi all,

Picking up my new CBR300R in tri-colour white today (24th Sept). I previously had a CBF600 but the thing was eating money & fuel & was broken under used warranty. I'm based in Surrey, UK.
Played around on one & sat on the same bike last weekend & was taken. :nerd:

View attachment 9722

View attachment 9730

View attachment 9738

Why did I downgrade from 600 to 300? :eek: I wanted to get a middleweight sportbike that would be good to go from home to London on the motorway but wouldn't ruin my finances.

Hope to get to know some other riders of this brilliant little machine!
Welcome and hope you enjoy picking up your CBR300R today :) .

The pictures look as though they are from Doble Motorcycles showroom?

I'm in Surrey too. You should find the CBR300R very economical on fuel if my experiences are anything to go by.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I've got it from Dobles. 3rd or 4th bike I've had from them including an MSX/Grom!

The 600 performance was killing my wallet in petrol money. I actually feel more comfy at speed on this with the fairing to the naked 600 tbh.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome from Canada... I have relatives in Surrey :) (Caterham actually)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all!

Thought I'd give you an update & a few shots of the bike! I've got some custom decals & wheel graphics installed already.
Looking at the Scorpion slip-on (insurance hike dependent).

Took it down to a bikers' meet in Hampshire. Those who were wondering, she got sooooo much attention!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Nice looking bike, and good images too.

Tricolors seem to be very popular in the U.K. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice customizations! I like that lady on the botton - she compliments Honda logo. ;)

Tricolors seem to be very popular in the U.K. :)
Just look at their flag! :)
I bet you a dollar, it's polular in France too. ;)

To be completely honest, I like tri-colour more now than before. Red became a distant 2nd.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Except for the 600's..........:devil:
:kiss:

Nice customizations! I like that lady on the botton - she compliments Honda logo. ;)

Just look at their flag! :)
I bet you a dollar, it's polular in France too. ;)

To be completely honest, I like tri-colour more now than before. Red became a distant 2nd.
I'd like to expect the same here in the U.S. of A., but it seems to be more of a rarity.

I didn't like the tricolor that much for the longest time - I came around to falling for it at the end. Combo strikes a positive vibe of energy and excitement.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I bought mine with 1800 miles on the clock..so effectively "nearly new". Apparently the dealership did a dyno run on it & it put out 32hp! Don't think it's a special edition or anything. Just lucky I got a potent one!
I've had it up to 100mph in a safe environment. Probably won't go much above it :p:devil:
Why would they do that?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Interesting character, judging by the bike specs at the end of his clip (32HP & 110MPH) I reckon he must have got the SP/RR/works model.... :laugh:
You're welcome to check out the channel, subscribe etc. I'm fairly well known on the motovlog circuit. "The motovlogger with the Baby Blade!" :angel:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have to say, even as the owner of a CBR3R myself, it is NOT a 'sportsbike' in the modern sense. We could of course argue about what the term 'sportsbike' means, but in my opinion, it would mean a high-performance bike, at least in its class. The CBR3R does not qualify.

What it is, is basically a commuter bike dressed up as a sportsbike, albeit very effectively. It's a real good looker, and most non-bikers would think it is a lot faster than it really is, just based on the styling. However, the performance isn't there and nor are the components. All the important stuff that might make it a sportsbike, such as alloy frame, high-spec brakes, sophisticated suspension, slipper clutch, rigid and braced swingarm, exotic materials such as Titanium, lightweight wheels, sticky tyres, racer ergonomics - they're all missing. Even when looked at objectively, as a small 300cc bike, it lacks power. Nope, sportsbike it ain't.

What it IS however, is a bloody good little bike, especially at the bargain price most of us paid. When judged on a 'bang for yer buck' basis, it's incredible. While low-spec, the chassis, suspension, brakes and engine all do an excellent job and are well matched to each other, and the role most of us use it for. If I had to give it a label, I'd call it a very competent commuter with a dollop of street cred and fun factor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts