Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm probably older than most folks on the forum (turning 62 this month) and haven't even seen a CBR300 in person. But I'm looking for a second bike and am very much interested in the Honda.

My current bike is a 2013 Honda CB1100. The CBR300F, with it's upright seating, looks like a great bike to accompany my 1100.

I do have a question. Has anyone considered retrofitting the CBR300R with low rise handlebars or even CBR300F handlebars? Would longer brake and clutch lines be needed?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm probably older than most folks on the forum (turning 62 this month) and haven't even seen a CBR300 in person. But I'm looking for a second bike and am very much interested in the Honda.
Welcome... One is always young at heart when riding the 300. ;)

My current bike is a 2013 Honda CB1100. The CBR300F, with it's upright seating, looks like a great bike to accompany my 1100.
Oooh, lots of power there. The 300F should work out well... Great commuter bike, and very open to racking up miles with little worry.

I do have a question. Has anyone considered retrofitting the CBR300R with low rise handlebars or even CBR300F handlebars? Would longer brake and clutch lines be needed?

Thanks,
Tried searching around for the low rise handlebars option, but didn't find much. Maybe the cbr250.net side would have some info with what would be applicable towards the 300R as well?

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Has anyone considered retrofitting the CBR300R with low rise handlebars or even CBR300F handlebars? Would longer brake and clutch lines be needed?
Welcome, you will find the bars on the 300R are not actually that low for a sports bike. For this reason I lowered mine as I prefer more of a race crouch to cut the wind a bit better.
Because the 300R dosent have any mounts on the top yoke for a full handle bar (they slip over the top of the forks) you would have to swap your yoke for one off a 300F. Alternatively you could change your original handle bars/clip ons for a set of aftermarket ones with a higher riser. See link below.
But yes, your main hiccup could be cable length, esp at full lock. Nothing worse than having your engine increase in revs when your trying to do that tricky full lock maneuver in a tight parking spot in full public view!
56-0018

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello and welcome! Never too old to ride my friend. Good for you! I have a 300R and absolutely love it. Sounds like you couldn't go wrong with the F to me.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kiwi Rider - Thanks for the link! Looks like a great option

Does anyone have the shop manual for the CBR300R? I'm curious if the stock clip-ons use internal vibration cancelling weights. The CB1100 has a pretty elaborate floating weight system.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
I'm curious if the stock clip-ons use internal vibration cancelling weights. The CB1100 has a pretty elaborate floating weight system.
Yep, they do, however ive changed my bars to aftermarket ones that dont have them and the vibration through the bars is no worse.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome, you will find the bars on the 300R are not actually that low for a sports bike. For this reason I lowered mine as I prefer more of a race crouch to cut the wind a bit better.
Because the 300R dosent have any mounts on the top yoke for a full handle bar (they slip over the top of the forks) you would have to swap your yoke for one off a 300F. Alternatively you could change your original handle bars/clip ons for a set of aftermarket ones with a higher riser. See link below.
But yes, your main hiccup could be cable length, esp at full lock. Nothing worse than having your engine increase in revs when your trying to do that tricky full lock maneuver in a tight parking spot in full public view!
56-0018
How low will they go before you're bashing into the plastic?

Oh and to the OP, welcome to the boards, a great group of people here!

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
How low will they go before you're bashing into the plastic?
The Vortex clip ons pictured below are as low as you can go before hitting the top of the fairing. I didnt take any measurements but guessin maybe 2" lower at the end of the grips. The 300 has more clearance than the 250R for lower bars.
View attachment 2777

1 - 8 of 8 Posts