Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I picked up a pair of RS Taichi GP-EVO gloves for $200USD on closeout from Sportbike Track Gear. I've been looking to upgrade from my previous mesh glove for a while. They were comfy and flowed a ton of air which was nice for warm weather, but they always felt like they wouldn't hold up well if I ever had an off, and I have a bit of an affinity for my hands.

These gloves are the outgoing model, but they are still superior to what I had before and are really solid. Kangaroo leather palm and cowhide for the rest, Knox sliders at the base of the palm, internal stitching at the impact zones for safety but external stitching elsewhere for comfort, lots of perforation which allows for surprisingly good airflow. Riding around at 60mph and my hands were starting to actually get a little chilly. Fitment wise, they are pretty snug but that's to be expected from a new race level glove. Looking forward to getting some miles in them and breaking them in.

Next, I had also been looking to upgrade my back protector. My jacket came with what was basically just a dense foam pad included which didn't inspire a ton of confidence. It also wasn't perforated so it was hot as he!! if the temp was anything above 75 and had a habit of riding up my back and pressing against my neck. Found this brand new AlpineStars KR-1 back protector on a Motorcycle Group Facebook page. Guy bought it new for $170USD from Revzilla, found out it was too small and listed it for $100USD. Too good of a price to pass on so I snapped it up. Feels way safer than that simple pad, fits like a glove, and breathes well too.

Next on the list to upgrade are some good pants and a leather jacket.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice gloves and back protector!
I am not sure why a guy would take a loss of $70 on it though, since Revzilla is very good with exchanges.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Only one thing to say...NIIIIICE!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Was interested to hear about your back protector. I need to get a decent one for my racing. There is a cheap small one in the pocket on the back of my one piece leather suit but the guys tell me you really need one that attaches to yourself and stays there in an accident rather than get pushed to one side with the suit movement.
The type you have looks ideal.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure why a guy would take a loss of $70 on it though, since Revzilla is very good with exchanges.
I was surprised that he didn't just return it as well since they are so easy to deal with. May have taken it for a ride and since they consider that "used" he might have just decided to sell. Whatever his logic was, I'll gladly go with it :D

There is a cheap small one in the pocket on the back of my one piece leather suit but the guys tell me you really need one that attaches to yourself and stays there in an accident rather than get pushed to one side with the suit movement.
That was my biggest issue with the one that came with my mesh jacket. The material allowed the pad to move around A LOT in the mesh liner, and I didn't feel confident that it would be where it was needed. This one doesn't move at all and still allows for movement on the bike. The elastic band and shoulder straps keep it snug, but once it's adjusted and on you, you don't even notice it. I feel much more comfortable with this compared to my previous one. Highly recommend finding a protector with this set up vs one in a jacket pocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts