Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone! My name is John and man, I love riding and I've only been doing it for 3 weeks now! My parents have always been against this sort of thing and never wanted me to get a bike, but I no longer live with them so I figured I'd take an MSF course and buy a bike which is what I did. Originally I was dead set on getting an SV650, because I've heard nothing but great things about them, but as I learned 1.) I'm broke, 2.) I should probably have a bike with ABS (the MSF course instructor nicknamed me "turkey jerky" for how jerky I was with my brake lever :LOL:) and 3.) A bike with ABS costs extra and I'm still broke, so I went looking around for bikes under $3,000 with ABS.

I took the MSF course in early February, right before this Coronavirus took off and had been looking for a bike since then. I found a couple CBR500R's for $3,500 with ABS, but my insurance was a little too high for them. I ended up finding the bike I ended up with about three weeks ago - a 2017 Honda CB300FAH with only 1,200 miles on it and some other tasteful mods. I picked it up for $2,700 which fit into my budget and have loved riding it around during this whole quarantine deal since it allowed me to get out of my cramped apartment. I've been taking it out everyday after work as an awesome stress-reliever from work and already have 2,258 miles on it... How often do y'all ride your motorcycles? I feel like 1,000 miles in 3-4 weeks on a bike is a lot, but I've loved every mile and that's all that matters.

Take a look at her and let me know what y'all think! Also, I can't get enough of the motorcycle salute / wave fellow motorcyclists give to other riders. I've done it about 100 times and love feeling the camaraderie of all the waves I get from other riders - like I belong to a special group. Also, if you're in the Atlanta area and want to ride or just talk bikes let me know!
IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3270.JPG

IMG_3278.JPG
IMG_3287.JPG

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Welcome!

One thing that jumped out at me in your last couple photos, is your shoes. I know a lot of people wear lace-up style shoes, but there are plenty of horror stories of the laces getting caught in the brake & gear shift pedals. I'd recommend finding some motorcycle boots/shoes with no laces.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

One thing that jumped out at me in your last couple photos, is your shoes. I know a lot of people wear lace-up style shoes, but there are plenty of horror stories of the laces getting caught in the brake & gear shift pedals. I'd recommend finding some motorcycle boots/shoes with no laces.
Thanks @MotoMike! Yeah, I remember buying the shoes and then seeing a video on why laces aren't a good idea. This picture was taken on one of my first rides. Until I save up enough money to buy another pair, I just tuck my laces into my shoe and tuck my pants over my shoes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome!

I, too, picked up the sport after moving away from my parents (I joke that I had to move halfway across the country, but that's not strictly true). Sounds like you got a good deal on the 2017 — but I'm surprised by the rust at the bottom of the stock exhaust can!

I put 8k miles on my 2015 CB300F before passing it along to another newer rider, recently, after moving along to an SV which I now love.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts