Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Had my 300 for two weeks now and I love it, my first big bike after passing my test.
I had the usual its not a 660 or 1000 routine but its more than quick enough without scaring the crap out of me compared to my old CG125.
I've just done an oil change at 250 miles, the bloody fairings are a pain so I did it without removing them, use a 1/4 ratchet, loosen bottom bolts and there is plenty of room to flex the lower cowel while remonig filter an cover. And you can see the tiny metal particles in the filter.
Safe riding all.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mark, good idea changing the oil at 250 miles. As you said, you can see the stuff that's coming off the internals and its best gotten out of the system. I don't take all the fairings off either, its a shame they didn't just cut away the fairing a little more to fully expose the filter housing cover.
Ah yes, the venerable CG125, remember them well... :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome Mark good to see another Brit on here. you will find us a friendly bunch, always up for a laugh at each other, in a good way that is.
Can I ask what was the deciding factor for buying the 300 over and above any other make?

BTW love the avatar. Not Welsh by any chance are you?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Geesh! I just noticed the avatar.....is that Pure Virgin Wool by any chance??:laugh:

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, no I'm from Blackpool but live in Wigan (honorary pie eater).

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Mark good to see another Brit on here. you will find us a friendly bunch, always up for a laugh at each other, in a good way that is.
Can I ask what was the deciding factor for buying the 300 over and above any other make?

BTW love the avatar. Not Welsh by any chance are you?
Not Welsh he he, I took the 300 because of the reputation the 250 had on the forums, I didn't want to jump straight on a 600. The great mpg which I would not get on the bigger bikes was another factor as was the high mileage's being racked again on the 250.
I can give it some stick without it ripping my arms off and loosing control, so far its been great, easily overtaking cars, I was tired off looking for a used 600 and people trying too rip me off, a family member works at Honda and got me a great discount so I thought sod it, its my 50th birthday and bought it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I can give it some stick without it ripping my arms off and loosing control
This is something I like about it too, you can get on full gas out of a corner as soon as possible and know all you need to do is hang on to it and maintain your line and you wont get into any bother with the rear end cutting loose on you.

I find this helps at track days where I'm still concentrating on getting my lines right as I'm learning the craft. I ride more smoothly whereas some of the other guys on big bores just point and shoot in ragged style between corners then come in way too fast and get all out of shape... :eek:

Reactions: autopilot

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all,
Had my 300 for two weeks now and I love it, my first big bike after passing my test.
I had the usual its not a 660 or 1000 routine but its more than quick enough without scaring the crap out of me compared to my old CG125.
Mark
Welcome from another new(ish) UK owner of a CBR300R! I'm at the opposite end of the country to you!
Take if from me, the 300 is sooooooo much more fun than the lumbering CBF600 I got rid of. Honest. Gets so much more attention & questions asked about it. :nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts