Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a used 2015 Honda CB300F as a second bike. Been riding forever, but I am finding as I age I have an affinity for small displacement bikes.
:eek:
Any other riders from my area interested in weekend rides?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum of all things 300R/F :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KR. I have been lurking for a while and found many of your posts helpful as well as many other members. Can't wait for the weather to improve. I ordered an exhaust, fender eliminator, seat cowl, and some maintenance items earlier today. Motorcycle Superstore is offering a 15% discount this weekend.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome... I hear you on the small displacement bikes.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
.....Been riding forever, but I am finding as I age I have an affinity for small displacement bikes......
This is a common story - me too. I peaked at 1300cc before going down to 700 and now 300. It isn't the displacement I was looking for, but the light weight. I struggle with heavy bikes these days when I have to make low-speed moves or push them around in a car park.

The light weight is a bonus at higher speeds, too. I was thinking about this on a ride yesterday, when it suddenly struck me how the 300cc reminds me of how bikes used to feel when I was younger, and I could whack the thing from side to side with little effort. On the big bikes, I was always conscious of the weight when changing direction or under heavy braking. The 300 feels like a pushbike in comparison and really inspires confidence.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome... I hear you on the small displacement bikes.
Yeah! Ha! That's why you now have a 600 RR ......:devil:

Welcome to the forum...as you can see we like at bit of picking here from time to time. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts