Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just learned about the new Honda CBR 300R about 15 minutes ago. I'm very excited about it. I'm anxious to see it go against the Ninja 300. Good chance it will beat it and I'm sure it is a pleasure to ride. It's a shame about the delay but at least it is coming. Ride safe my friends.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi @BountyBuddy

Welcome to the forum.

Are you living in the Philippines or Michigan? Do you currently have a bike you are riding??

Too bad about the delay, eh? A lot of people are asking "Should I wait for the CBR300 or just buy something else?"

Do you think you'll wait it out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife and I spend 9 or 10 months a year in the Philippines and 2 or 3 months a year in Michigan. I enjoy living in the Philippines very much, wonderful people and nice climate. I'm sorry to say I don't have a motorcycle in the Philippines. They don't sell what I would like to own here. I might buy a 125cc motorbike but I would much rather have a motorcycle my wife and I could do some modest touring on. Ride safe my friends.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've talked and talked and talked some more. Honda Reflex scooter...

My wife and I have talked and talked about this. We've read all we could find on the Honda Reflex scooter and we're both impressed with it. I've talked with people that have owned one or own one now. The only negative thing that has been said about them is that there are better scooters for long distance touring. Everyone says the Honda Reflex would be more comfortable for us than the Honda CBR 300. The CBR 300, one up or two up, would be more fun for me to ride. But I have to admit that the Reflex would be more comfortable for us. We plan on trying some small trips, 100 to 200 miles a day and sleeping in a tent. If this doesn't work out it will be just day trips for us. If we can we would like to remain members of the Honda CBR 300 Forum. Please let us know if we can still be members here. If not please ride safe my friends and may all your paths be bright ones.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Surprised that you went for a scooter. I've always wondered if people cross shop motorcycles and scooters. I guess they do. Let us know how you like the scooter once you get it. Hopefully you won't regret your decision.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I'd want at least a 500cc bike for 2-up riding... no point in taxing the motor more than necessary.

A Honda CB500F, or CB500X with their upright riding position would be much better suited to 2-up riding than a 250/300 sport bike or scooter would be... not to mention that you wouldn't necessarily feel the need to get a bigger bike after a year (or less).

It's always more cost effective to buy the bike that you will still be happy with a few years down the road, than it is buying something that's marginal at best for the kind of riding you intend to do, only to replace it in a relatively short amount of time.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Amen to that, I experienced 2 up riding on a CBR250 and as you said on a bike lower than a 500 it can be taxing, not idea but if you must, then go right ahead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a 2006 Honda Reflex. The smaller tires took some getting used to. I went with a new Avon tire for the front and a car tire on the rear. For as small as the motor was it was plenty fast enough. My wife enjoyed riding on the Reflex more than she did on any of the motorcycles I have owned. There was almost no vibration on it. I liked the automatic transmission very much. I was surprised at how fast and how smooth the scooter was. My longest ride was 280 miles and it was a piece of cake. I got between 65 and 70 MPG with it. I bought a 2012 Honda Civic and had to sell the Reflex to help pay for the Civic. I hope next year to buy a CB300F. Ride safe my friends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts