Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am a Canadian who now resides in Thailand. I have been riding for about 35 years, starting on a 400cc Yamaha heritage special back in 1985 or thereabouts. While living in Canada I have owned a few bikes with some of my favorites being a VF500, a VFR800fi and a CBR954rr. Since coming to Thailand I have owned a CBR150, CBR 250 and a number of scooters such as a 110cc Honda click and a 110 cc Honda wave that was equipped with a side car. The only bike I currently have is a 110cc Suzuki Address scooter that I use to get around the village.

I joined this forum because I have decided to buy a CB300. I have been looking for a new bike for over a year, I started looking at things like a CB650f, FZ-07 or maybe a CB500f but the more I looked at it and thought about what I wanted to do with the bike I kept following a mantra of "smaller, simpler, easier". Eventually I started looking at the CB300, the MT-03 and the ZX300 which are all quite popular here though the CB500f was always in the back of my mind. I finally decided on a CB300 for a few simple reasons that don't directly relate to the merits of the bike. If I was going to go by spec's and price alone the MT-03 likely would have won out for me.

The primary reason why I eventually decided on the CB300 is that it is the largest size bike that is serviced by the standard local motorbike shops which are about as prevalent here as Tim Hortons' are back home. Any larger displacement Honda's are only serviced at the Honda "Big Wing" shops which are much less common. I normally am a big Honda fan but have owned Yamahas and Suzukis in the past. In Thailand though, Honda is king and has the best service and support.

My plan is to put some dual purpose tires on the bike and do some back road touring, not real off-road but lotsa secondary roads with poor surfaces, as well as local running around. Anyhow, cheers all, I look forward to getting to know you all better, sorry this got long for an intro.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you've pretty well thought this out. You really can't go wrong with a Honda... especially when looking for "smaller, simpler, and easier". Ride safe and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts