Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my fellow cbr300 riders! I'm new to this forum. I bought my first bike almost 2 months ago. I have the matte black & metallic yellow Cbr. Only modifications I've made are the Coffman's exhaust & the pro grip tank pad. I want to add more things to it, but it'll have to wait. I'm looking for the best integrated tail lights, fender eliminator, air intake, headers, hids, seat cowl. If anybody knows, let me know. Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome. You sound like me back some years ago when I used to be in the modifying game. Everyone wants the best, but it all comes down to preference and taste as well.

Good luck with the research. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome! lots of good info floating around in here from these guys (and gals).

Don't skimp out on the gear tho. I would worry about having some good riding protection before worrying about how your bike looks and sounds. You want to be able to enjoy the bike once you make any of those modifications.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey my fellow cbr300 riders! I'm new to this forum. I bought my first bike almost 2 months ago. I have the matte black & metallic yellow Cbr. Only modifications I've made are the Coffman's exhaust & the pro grip tank pad. I want to add more things to it, but it'll have to wait. I'm looking for the best integrated tail lights, fender eliminator, air intake, headers, hids, seat cowl. If anybody knows, let me know. Ride safe!

have you checked out the Honda seat cowl? I have not seen one. it is on their accessory page. I am also hoping to see some rear tail and turn light kits come out. in our group rides we have a couple that has a ninja zx6r or something with an integrated rear tail and turn light. I love it. I can't wait for someone to make a cbr300r tail and integrated turn light.
what kind of air intake were you thinking? like a bigger throttle body and intake manifold? a better air box? I am new to sport bikes. I rode v-twins. so I am having a tough time picturing in my mind what it would be.
hope we get some more posts on good accessories. I have been surfing the forum a bit. I love the post on the flush mount front turn signals. I am loving the pics of everyone's rides. giving me great ideas, and wanting to hear about more great gear.

Reactions: Ifeanyi300F

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Haha yeah guys I have my gear 100%. But I'm kind of over the 300! Want a GSXR 600
That didn't take long... how many miles have you ridden your first motorcycle that you've now only had for a couple months?

You know, I've read that same comment so many times on the CBR250R forums from new, first time riders/owners over the past few years, if I had $1 for each one I'm pretty certain I could go down to the Yamaha dealer and buy a new R3 next week without having to spend any of my own money.

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but the hard reality is that there are very, very few people on this planet who are brand new to motorcycling and are ready for a 100+ horsepower sport bike after just a couple months and a few hundred miles of riding an entry level 250/300cc bike. I won't even go into my thoughts on those unfortunate and misguided individuals who go out and buy 600cc and liter sport bikes as their very first motorcycle, most of whom likely comprise the majority of motorcycle crash statistics in the US.

Even a new rider who manages to rack up a couple thousand miles in their first two or three months is far from what most knowledgeable people would consider to be an experienced motorcyclist... it takes many, many years to earn that distinction.

Reactions: jmerod58

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Makes me curious as well. I've planned of not going near a 600 until I've completed an Advanced Rider Course and until I've grounded myself some more after taking my CeeBee to the local road course / track with some solid instruction. Not to mention, well after a year or 10k miles under my belt.

Just feel like I need to accomplish these objectives to feel more comfortable and confident with the next level.

Each individual goes about a different pace and perspective though... I can respect that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Makes me curious as well. I've planned of not going near a 600 until I've completed an Advanced Rider Course and until I've grounded myself some more after taking my CeeBee to the local road course / track with some solid instruction. Not to mention, well after a year or 10k miles under my belt.

Just feel like I need to accomplish these objectives to feel more comfortable and confident with the next level.

Each individual goes about a different pace and perspective though... I can respect that.
Good call on that, some guys jump to the higher CC range way too soon without even taking courses other than what they needed to get their licence.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Good call on that, some guys jump to the higher CC range way too soon without even taking courses other than what they needed to get their licence.
Well, I want to maximize my enjoyment as comfortably as I can... And the only way I can do that is to keep learning how to ride properly and effectively, taking advantage of quality time within the basics. That's just the way I look at it. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts