Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, This is my first post. I'm from Rhode Island and haven't gotten a bike yet. I really don't need to get it until the spring, unless Honda has any incentives going on. Would like to know if everyone is happy with their bike? I'm planning on getting the CBR300R with ABS in red. Not sure if anyone was able to haggle on price or if the MSRP price is what I should expect to pay? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome, Kenren. :)

I'm in Texas and I was definitely able to haggle. We have several dealers here, so that made them a bit more competitive. $4,800 inclusive of all my taxes and fees, 6.25% motor vehicle tax here. ABS is $300 more, right? So you can add that to the equation and go from there. Fyi, mine's solid red w/o ABS.

I opted for the 3.99 APR that Honda is offering. At my deal, I can't imagine waiting for any further incentives for the latest version of Honda's proven / updated product.

When you're ready, target the precise CBR300R that you have test rode and are completely happy living with, and then negotiate hard with the dealer(s) around you. Pull the trigger, and don't look back since you're getting one awesome bike!

In regards to being happy with the bike, I am... But every individual is different, so be sure to open up to several bikes just to make sure. In less than two weeks of ownership, I have just under 500 miles on mine. No regrets, and this is the best decision I've made in a long time.

GL.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thank you GL. I have two dealers to go between.
LoL, by using GL, I meant Good Luck to you... Although I don't mind the nickname GL... Does sound catchy. :laugh:

Excellent, two dealers to play ping pong with, hehe. :p

·
Registered
352 Posts
Kenren
Whats your previous motorcycle experience? Are you looking for any bike or a specifically a small displacement bike like the 300R (or F)? There are plenty of choices out there now for a nice, stylish, well performing low cc bike (like the R3, the Ninja, the RC390). If your heart is set on the CBR300, Welcome! If not, that's cool too. I can tell you this, there are a lot of happy CBR300 owners on here that will tell you its a solid bike by a reputable company. We are all happy here!

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome ........I'd pick up the one you want ASAP .......You never know what they will have available come spring or when your ready......Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome ........I'd pick up the one you want ASAP .......You never know what they will have available come spring or when your ready......Just my 2 cents.
Good point.
I have followed other new bikes and witnesses for myself how bad things can get if you decide to wait, although that's not to say that will also be the case here, but better safe than sorry.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Good point.
I have followed other new bikes and witnesses for myself how bad things can get if you decide to wait, although that's not to say that will also be the case here, but better safe than sorry.
You guys sound as if Honda might just suddenly stop producing CBR300R's. :laugh:

To the OP, don't sweat it... when you're ready to buy a bike next spring, there will be plenty of them available. More than likely Honda will have some new colors and graphics options next spring as well.

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You guys sound as if Honda might just suddenly stop producing CBR300R's. :laugh:

To the OP, don't sweat it... when you're ready to buy a bike next spring, there will be plenty of them available. More than likely Honda will have some new colors and graphics options next spring as well.
Ooooh, will be excited to see the new color schemes...

+1 on buying when you're ready and comfortable. No sense in hurrying and pressuring yourself.

Though I must warn that this bike is pretty darn exciting and will get you pumped at every chance to ride. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts