Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to motorcycling. Been reading these forums for about a month before finally ordering my CB300F today. Big thanks to everyone who posts and provides valuable information. This is my first bike and I don't know anyone who rides. Will be learning all by myself. So any tips and tricks are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've been in your shoes and can relate, for sure. I only have so much experience, and my main advice would be to ride at your own pace and comfort level, and also don't feel pressured by any means or thoughts. You'll learn and progress better while keeping an open mind at the same time.

Happy motoring. :)

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Welcome to the forum Daptahbah. Something to look out for is not perhaps so much the initial first stages of riding when you are naturally cautious, but further down the track when you gain a bit of confidence. It's all too easy to get a bit carried away and ride beyond your skill level in the spur of the moment when the exhilaration of speed and movement overtakes you!

Enjoy your new machine :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Do they have MSF courses up your way? If so, highly recommended.

If you aren't going to take a course, well, in the words of Allen Iverson: Practice! take as much time as possible to become familiar with the bike and shifting gears, preferably in some open space before you go out into traffic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did take the MSF course. It was an excellent introduction. Now I have to find a quite place to practice those skills. A little hard in NYC. Will probably start riding around my neighborhood early morning/late nights when most people are sleeping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts