Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im glad I've finally signed up! I've been reading on here for a month or so and finally took the plunge.

Got my red CBR 300 a month ago and couldn't be happier. I upgraded from a CBR 125, what an upgrade eh?!?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome Plops. glad you took the plunge. Good bunch on here and some great banter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome! We're down in Chatham and have a 300f. I'd love to know, how much of a difference is it? We were back and forth between a used 125 for 2k or a new 300f.

I could never really get a good sense as to how much an improvement it is. Keeping in mind I'm used to small displacement bikes.

I'd still love to borrow a 125, just to see for myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mistake was buying the 125 first so you made the right choice. IMO it's quite the difference. I'm 6'4 and looked like I was getting in and out of a clown car. The 300 isn't so bad for my size and it's quite a bit peppier.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome! We're down in Chatham and have a 300f. I'd love to know, how much of a difference is it? We were back and forth between a used 125 for 2k or a new 300f.

I could never really get a good sense as to how much an improvement it is. Keeping in mind I'm used to small displacement bikes.

I'd still love to borrow a 125, just to see for myself.
I had a 125R that I bought new on 2009 (08 model). With only 13 H.P. it does not have a great amount of acceleration...BUT if you use it as intended (not on the Highway) as use it a recreational "toy" to get from point A to point B it is just fine.
I did take mine across the province to visit my Aunt and the trip took me about 20 minutes longer than in my car (120 KM trip one way) riding against a strong headwind and up some larger hills.Had to keep the bike in 5th gear near redline to keep a decent speed (Head wind) and I still got 90 MPG.
Flat out with no wind/flat road maximum speed was 120KMH..less in a slight incline.
I liked the bike it was fun to ride and I liked the style over the then new CBR 250 R.

Reactions: kiwi rider
1 - 8 of 8 Posts