Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new CBR300R a few days ago, I'm so excited! Totally new to riding and bummed it needs to be lowered (about 2 inches, and I need an adjustable kickstand...suggestions?) before I can ride it, but I've been waiting for years for my own bike so what's a little while longer right? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
That's a sharp looking one, Jennifer - welcome aboard!

Each day that now passes may seem like an eternity, but you'll make it, no worries.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome from Canada Jennifer.......great looking bike!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just another welcome from me. No advice on the kick stand other than an engineer with a welder and a band saw. Anyone else got any ideas for a shorter stand?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Just another welcome from me. No advice on the kick stand other than an engineer with a welder and a band saw. Anyone else got any ideas for a shorter stand?
If by any chance the CB 300 (R + F) share the same side stand (they might!) here are some adjustable CBR 250 R adjustable side stands......

Adjustable Kickstand Side Stand Aluminum Black FOR 2011 2014 Honda CBR 250R MC41 | eBay

Adjustable Lowered Kickstand Side Stand Black FOR 2011 2014 Honda CBR 250R MC41 | eBay

Or you can purchase a used or new 300 side stand (inexpensive) and have it cut down..

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Nope, if I was doing it myself I would cut the foot plate off using a cut-off disc on an angle grinder (its fastest way), cut 2 inches or woteva you want off the bottom of the leg, then re-weld the foot back on.
If you take the stand off the bike and take it into an Engineering workshop then it should take them no more than 15mins to do this job.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Im in ct where do u ride
OP started this thread over 4 months ago, and hasn't been back since that one and only post... I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR
1 - 10 of 10 Posts