Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm a new rider (technically. Started riding a year ago and started off on a Zero) and new owner (3 whole days!). I was looking to get a chain, but i'm not sure on size. I saw somewhere the chain should be a 520. But when I go to purchase a chain from a site, it asks 120 links or 150. Not sure which one. I have zero knowledge of maintaining aside from some basics I saw in a few YT videos...but i'm ready to learn as much as I can and do my own work.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Hi there. The CB300F has a chain of 108 links so you want a 120 link chain. If you've never fitted a chain before then I suggest you get a dealer to do it as the best way to join a chain is with a pressed fit master link which you wont have the equipment or skills perhaps to do. Also the chain will need to be cut to the correct length first.

If your chain needs replacing then it's quite likely your sprockets will to. How many miles has the bike done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. The info helps a ton. I should have mentioned that I want to get a colored chain. Mileage is still under 4k. Purchased it a week ago and have put maybe 100 miles on it.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH (ABS)
14 Posts
Congrats on your new bike! The CB300F is a ton of fun, nice and nimble. Not question related, but you might want to consider the following two mods -
1) A pair of frame sliders. If you ever accidentally roll it off its stand, you'll be very happy you have them. They're cheap insurance. (Most people do once, making sure you always park in 1st gear helps minimize the likelihood). I got Shogun Frame Sliders Honda CB300F 2015-2018 - Black, SKU: 750-3129. They look good (you don't notice them) and are a really easy install.
2) If you can't see behind with the stock mirrors, add a pair of extensions. I got the BikeMaster Black Mirror Extensions 29-21103. They make a world of difference. I can't imagine riding without them.
Enjoy your bike. Have fun, stay safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the advice! Picked up frame sliders a few days ago and installed them after almost dropping the bike twice after a stall.

I also grabbed some bar end mirrors...mainly for aesthetics. If they don't provide a decent view, definitely will pick up extenders. I truly appreciate all the advice.

Having a ton of fun and learning as much as I can. Its been weird to start off with all electric torque monster, to a 300 that I have to shift and interact with at all times. But I'm finding it fun. Its easy to twist and go, but there's something about banging through gears that is so satisfying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts